Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need to hear some stories of hope...tell me how/when your DP/DR ended...please ?

[bl...]

I've had a few really awful days of feeling very off kilter.  I'm dizzy, visual perception is off, feeling very spacy and floaty like I'm not "all there".  Everything seems a bit "removed" and unclear and I'm having a terrible time functioning.  I'm not seeing any improvement at all.  Every day I wake up hoping that it might be at least a little better than the day before but it never is.  I'm starting to fall into despair that I will never get better and will always be this way...forever.  Is this my life now? 

Yes, it is your life for now, but it not forever. I promise. :smitten: There will be a time when this all behind you. There really will, but it can be a miserable process to get there, especially during the early months. I, too , did a CT so I am very familiar with your symptoms, and know how surreal the world can be, like a bad acid trip.  Unfortunately they are all normal symptoms for someone who stopped suddenly.  Symptoms can be severe. Your symptoms are all classic. I had all of them. For me, I starting to see light at the end of the tunnel between my fourth and fifth month. I see many members here who begin to see marked improvment around that time as well. My best piece of advice is to learn how to distract. I had to learn to do it, and it was in those moments of distraction that the world would become a bit less surreal. You are going to get through this.

Thank you !  I can't tell you how much your  encouragement means to me !  I'm going to read and re-read your reply whenever I am feeling hopeless and desperate!  This is just what I needed to keep me going!