Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Any harm in tapering too slowly?

[...]

Is there any harm in tapering too slow?

I've seen posts from builder and SG saying there's no such thing as too slow. Is that the general consensus? So like, when in doubt abt whether to cut or not, should one wait?

I feel a lot more sedation if I wait so maybe side effects from the meds come back if you go too slow? I assume sedation means I'm healing and the med dose is now too strong for me. Bc when I cut, the sedation goes away. And that's what these meds do, right, they sedate and depress?

[f5...]

I think that I mostly agree that a person cannot taper too slowly, but it sometimes seems to me that a few folks are tapering so slowly (often with occasional up-dosing) that they never seem to make any overall progress.  Assuming that tolerance builds over time, these folks are possibly making their taper more difficult as their body continues to slowly become increasingly tolerant.

I can certainly see a need for some folks to take a 2-3 years to do their taper (I think most people can do it in a year or less), but there are people here that are tapering at a pace that will require a decade or longer to get down to zero.  Personally, I think that's kind of slow.  Just my opinion.

I taper .01 / week so incredibly slow but can t Go faster as I have 2 kids and need to be functional. I have sxs but I can manage. I walk 2 times for half an hour a Day and I dance 1/2 times a week for an hour.  So it s not about going to slow but living your life without sufferng All the time. Good luck x

Ok thanks. I think the consensus is that you don't build tolerance over time if you're going down even if it's slow. You're healing as long as you're going down.