Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

side effects (sedation) and w/d sx's at the same time?

[...]

Does anyone feel side effects and w/d effects at the same time?

Like I sometimes feel really sedated which goes away when I cut, but I don't know if I should cut if I'm still having a lot of w/d sx's.

Like should I tolerate the sedation until the w/d sx's improve?

The sedation can be intense and make it hard to function. And for me, it goes away when I cut and then can come back after some time.

It was a signal to me that it's time to cut....but right now, I feel the heavy sedation but also I feel bad w/d.  what to do???

Does anyone feel side effects and w/d effects at the same time?

Like I sometimes feel really sedated which goes away when I cut, but I don't know if I should cut if I'm still having a lot of w/d sx's.

Like should I tolerate the sedation until the w/d sx's improve?

The sedation can be intense and make it hard to function. And for me, it goes away when I cut and then can come back after some time.

It was a signal to me that it's time to cut....but right now, I feel the heavy sedation but also I feel bad w/d.  what to do???

I have the same issue.... Bookmarking your thread to see if we can both get some answers?  That sedation is very hard to deal with for me.... It gives me anxiety!!!!

I have this especially because I updosed.

I remember tapering, after each cut I would feel less tired, but have w/d symptoms. And then for my big hold, I got more and more tired, and finally updosed. I am still having withdrawl symptoms, but also somewhat sedated and not anxious.

It almost sounds like the GABA receptors are healing and doing their job, while the overflow of glutamate is yet to stabilize. Since there are two (well, hundreds) of systems at work here, the GABA and Glutamate, perhaps they make changes at different rates.

Did that make any sense? I just pulled that all out of my ass, it sounded like a decent idea.

But... Since you're still having withdrawl and sedated, perhaps the glutamate will calm down with a bit of a hold, and while still sedated, your w/d will go away and you can cut again.

I have this especially because I updosed.

I remember tapering, after each cut I would feel less tired, but have w/d symptoms. And then for my big hold, I got more and more tired, and finally updosed. I am still having withdrawl symptoms, but also somewhat sedated and not anxious.

It almost sounds like the GABA receptors are healing and doing their job, while the overflow of glutamate is yet to stabilize. Since there are two (well, hundreds) of systems at work here, the GABA and Glutamate, perhaps they make changes at different rates.

Did that make any sense? I just pulled that all out of my ass, it sounded like a decent idea.

But... Since you're still having withdrawl and sedated, perhaps the glutamate will calm down with a bit of a hold, and while still sedated, your w/d will go away and you can cut again.

Okay.... I was hoping the more I reduce the sedation would get less.... At least I hope that's the idea... But the wd sxs keep me kind of in a in between place too.... I can't stand the sedation and worry about holding because I don't want that to get worse and build up... Sedation... Desperately need more clarity...