Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Xanax short term success

[Du...]

Hello, I was put on .25 Xanax twice a day , to aid my transition from Celexa to Prozac,  once I was up to the right level of prozac, I was told I could CT the Xanax since it was such a low dose for a "short period".

That's when all hell broke loose, i was in a darkness that was so scary for a few days. Went to the hospital twice. They wanted to put me on Ativan and taper me, by then I'd already suffered 48 hours, so I figured I would ride it out rather than get on more benzos.

I waliked every day for 45 min to 1 hr. And each day has been exponentially better than before. After taking a week off of work, I was able to go in for half the day yesterday, and I usually hit a wall around 2pm, when I get really sleepy.

Bit overall I feel good, 9 days from CT, I wanted to share that with people who might be in a similar scenario.

• 4 years later...

Hello! I was in a very similar situation as you - except I was not taking an ssri - I built up some dependence and there were moments of wondering if this was going to be a long haul battle, but after the first hard week - I'm feeling so so much better, which is gradually making me less scared for the future. It's reassuring to see that this can also be the case as most people who do okay don't really update about it!