Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

SIP ON DAILY LIQUID DOSE ALL DAY? INSTEAD OF MULTIPLE DOSES?

[ho...]

i just read a few people said they have their daily dose in one jar and sip on it all day? has anyone done this? seems like it would keep blood levels stable and would stop having to separating dose etc. any thoughts?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ho...]

• [...]

• [...]

• [tj...]

Top Posters In This Topic

The word 'overkill' comes to mind. Sure, it might help, but do you really want to do that for months and years?

i was just trying to think of a way so i dont have to multi dose because im going to have to be completely relying on my husband for this and hes very busy and i cant do all the measuring and all that at the present time. im currently at 2.5 mg of klonapin. i want to dissolve 3 pills so i dont have to dry cut that last pill and use the excess for my next batch. do you know of any figures that would equal 5% reduction per month because that is all i can handle right now. i do have a spreadsheet for dissolving 3 klonapin using 600 ml liquid, take out 100 of the liquid for next dose, reduce by 1 ml per day to equal 5% a month but somebody said thats too much liquid. is there a way to use 3 pills (so i dont have to cut) take out excess and stay at the 5% a month reduction rate with less liquid? any help would be greatly appreciated.  :'(

The word 'overkill' comes to mind. Sure, it might help, but do you really want to do that for months and years?

sg57 can you lead me to someone who I can communicate with via pm about particular questions about milk titration? I've watched all the videos and have my spreadsheet with numbers just have a few questions. I tried to join Micro taper group but don't know how. Thank you for any help

i was just trying to think of a way so i dont have to multi dose because im going to have to be completely relying on my husband for this and hes very busy and i cant do all the measuring and all that at the present time. im currently at 2.5 mg of klonapin. i want to dissolve 3 pills so i dont have to dry cut that last pill and use the excess for my next batch. do you know of any figures that would equal 5% reduction per month because that is all i can handle right now. i do have a spreadsheet for dissolving 3 klonapin using 600 ml liquid, take out 100 of the liquid for next dose, reduce by 1 ml per day to equal 5% a month but somebody said thats too much liquid. is there a way to use 3 pills (so i dont have to cut) take out excess and stay at the 5% a month reduction rate with less liquid? any help would be greatly appreciated.  :'(

How about this...

3 1mg K pills in 300ml liquid.  5% of 2.5mg is .125mg.  Spread over a month is .004mg a day which is .4ml.  So you'd make this and remove .4ml a day.  That will drop you 5% in a month.

How about this...

3 1mg K pills in 300ml liquid.  5% of 2.5mg is .125mg.  Spread over a month is .004mg a day which is .4ml.  So you'd make this and remove .4ml a day.  That will drop you 5% in a month.

thank you for replying. so i would just dump the excess 50 ml of liquid since im on 2.5? i had this plan in mind, i dose three times a day currently 1 mg, 1 mg and 1/2 mg. plan was titrate 1 mg in 200 mls of milk and pull 1 ml a day (that equals approx 5% a month allowing a few days for holds) and split into three doses over the day and take .5 dry dose with each liquid dose to get my doses even. i dose every eight hours. then when that 1 mg is eliminated and im down to 1.5 mgs daily im not sure what to do to keep my doses even  :'(  what do you think about this plan?

How about this...

thank you for replying. so i would just dump the excess 50 ml of liquid since im on 2.5? i had this plan in mind, i dose three times a day currently 1 mg, 1 mg and 1/2 mg. plan was titrate 1 mg in 200 mls of milk and pull 1 ml a day (that equals approx 5% a month allowing a few days for holds) and split into three doses over the day and take .5 dry dose with each liquid dose to get my doses even. i dose every eight hours. then when that 1 mg is eliminated and im down to 1.5 mgs daily im not sure what to do to keep my doses even  :'(  what do you think about this plan?

I like your plan.  Don't worry about below 1.5mg until you get there.  There is always a way to get doses even.

How about this...

I like your plan.  Don't worry about below 1.5mg until you get there.  There is always a way to get doses even.

thank you sg so my numbers sound right 1 mg, 200 mls pull 1 ml a day? that equals 5% a month on the spreadsheet i have. i have to have a spreadsheet with this brain i have right now. i know i need full fat 3% 8.5 fat grams per serving milk. ive had a few people tell me they could not get accurate doses with milk and it has me worried, however alcohol and pg are not an option for me. i really wish these people would not have told me this. have you heard people had good success with milk?

thank you sg so my numbers sound right 1 mg, 200 mls pull 1 ml a day? that equals 5% a month on the spreadsheet i have. i have to have a spreadsheet with this brain i have right now. i know i need full fat 3% 8.5 fat grams per serving milk. ive had a few people tell me they could not get accurate doses with milk and it has me worried, however alcohol and pg are not an option for me. i really wish these people would not have told me this. have you heard people had good success with milk?

Don't worry, whole milk works great with K.  I would not have liked it otherwise.

Your numbers are correct.  1mg K into 200ml is a .005mg/ml liquid.  1ml a day is .005mg a day, which would add to .15mg a month...6%, close enough.

Don't worry, whole milk works great with K.  I would not have liked it otherwise.

Your numbers are correct.  1mg K into 200ml is a .005mg/ml liquid.  1ml a day is .005mg a day, which would add to .15mg a month...6%, close enough.

thank you so much for the reassurance sg. my plan is to grind up the pill and put in milk for 24 hours in refrigerator shaking occasionally throughout the 24 hours, after 24 hours pull my reduction, then eye ball my three dose jars. these will be for the next day ( i dose at 8 am, 4 pm and 12 midnight) this is where im stuck. since im going to be doing this the day before (well my husband will be doing it because ill mess it up) how am i going to get that excess out of initial batch jar. i know i need to fill jar with water and swish it around to get out all excess, should i just put water in it switch around and pour in my dose jars? this is one thing i cant figure out. and also since i dose at 8 oclock i will be going back to sleeep since i cant fall asleep til around 4, any suggestions what i should could my bedside dose in to keep it cool so i dont have a huge ice chest next to my bed? the excess in jar issue and my bedside dose are the 2 things i need help figuring out and i finally i have a plan. im so glad you said the milk works because these people have messed with my head big time by telling me they could never get correct dosages with milk and ive been here terrified because i cant use pg or alcohol. thank you so much for taking your time with me. :)

thank you so much for the reassurance sg. my plan is to grind up the pill and put in milk for 24 hours in refrigerator shaking occasionally throughout the 24 hours, after 24 hours pull my reduction, then eye ball my three dose jars. these will be for the next day ( i dose at 8 am, 4 pm and 12 midnight) this is where im stuck. since im going to be doing this the day before (well my husband will be doing it because ill mess it up) how am i going to get that excess out of initial batch jar. i know i need to fill jar with water and swish it around to get out all excess, should i just put water in it switch around and pour in my dose jars? this is one thing i cant figure out. and also since i dose at 8 oclock i will be going back to sleeep since i cant fall asleep til around 4, any suggestions what i should could my bedside dose in to keep it cool so i dont have a huge ice chest next to my bed? the excess in jar issue and my bedside dose are the 2 things i need help figuring out and i finally i have a plan. im so glad you said the milk works because these people have messed with my head big time by telling me they could never get correct dosages with milk and ive been here terrified because i cant use pg or alcohol. thank you so much for taking your time with me. :)

My suggestions would be to change your dose times to match your sleep so you don't have to wake to dose.  I'd also ditch the pill grinding and just drop the pill into the milk whole.  It should break up on its own, but if it doesn't you can grind it.

Yes, rinse to get all the milk.  The most important thing is to do thing the same every time.

My suggestions would be to change your dose times to match your sleep so you don't have to wake to dose.  I'd also ditch the pill grinding and just drop the pill into the milk whole.  It should break up on its own, but if it doesn't you can grind it.

Yes, rinse to get all the milk.  The most important thing is to do thing the same every time.

so in order to get the excess out the original batch jar you think swishing it in water and pouring it into each dose jar would work good for that problem i have? these will be prepared the night before by my husband so i kinda stuck what to do about the excess in jar thing. id be getting the excess just split into three doses, im going to be eyeballing my doses do you think this is close enough instead of having measure them with syringe? and then just pour excess swish water in them? i was told i need the same amount and same time over a 24 hour period so ive been having to wake up to take my morning dose.

so in order to get the excess out the original batch jar you think swishing it in water and pouring it into each dose jar would work good for that problem i have? these will be prepared the night before by my husband so i kinda stuck what to do about the excess in jar thing. id be getting the excess just split into three doses, im going to be eyeballing my doses do you think this is close enough instead of having measure them with syringe? and then just pour excess swish water in them? i was told i need the same amount and same time over a 24 hour period so ive been having to wake up to take my morning dose.

You can do that as long as it is done after the cut is taken.  Or you can swish it and drink it on the spot.  The main thing is to get all the K and do it the same way every time.  Remember, the excess is a very small amount.

Eyeballing is fine.  No need to measure doses obsessively close.  Again, the main thing is to get it all and do it the same way each day.

I would not wake to dose.  Sleep is important and is the prime time for healing to occur.  I'd take dose #1 as soon as sleep was over, then eight hours later then final dose at bedtime.

You can do that as long as it is done after the cut is taken.  Or you can swish it and drink it on the spot.  The main thing is to get all the K and do it the same way every time.  Remember, the excess is a very small amount.

Eyeballing is fine.  No need to measure doses obsessively close.  Again, the main thing is to get it all and do it the same way each day.

I would not wake to dose.  Sleep is important and is the prime time for healing to occur.  I'd take dose #1 as soon as sleep was over, then eight hours later then final dose at bedtime.

since these will be made day before I guess I'll swish excess and pour eyeballing in dose cups. Yes it's been very hard and aggravating for me to have to get up and take a pill and go back to sleep. Since I'm awake from 11:00 to 2-3 or even four sometimes I have to figure out how to get that even in 24 hours. Thank you so much for your help sg. These certain people have tried to scare me off of milk so it's been adding to my anxiety. You've been very helpful. You don't know how much I appreciate it.  :smitten:

sorry one more question sg when taking my daily doses do i need to shake them first and then fill with water to get all k out?

You should not need to shake it, but it will not hurt anything if you do and gives peace of mind. As for rinsing with water, yes, always rinse.

ok. I just looked at some 2% milk my husband has in fridge and it says pasteurized. I heard I'm not supposed to use pasteurized? It has to be homogenized right? Isn't full fat milk homogenized not pasteurized? If it says pasteurized don't get it? Sorry for bothering you

Most milk is BOTH pasturized and homogenized.  Pasturization if just a way of preventing harmful bacteria, and homogenized means the cream (fat) has been distributed uniformly in the milk.  You definitely want homo, and also pasturized is OK.

You do NOT want 2%...you want full fat-3.5% or  8 grams per serving.

Most milk is BOTH pasturized and homogenized.  Pasturization if just a way of preventing harmful bacteria, and homogenized means the cream (fat) has been distributed uniformly in the milk.  You definitely want homo, and also pasturized is OK.

You do NOT want 2%...you want full fat-3.5% or grams per serving.

thank you builder

hey sg sorry for another question. so its ok not to take my 3 doses 8 hours apart of my k to keep blood levels stable? as i said before having to set alarm to dose then go back to sleep is a nightmare. when you say do it the same every time do you mean do it the same times everyday? so i need to set up a schedule? i want to keep my blood levels as stable as possible but having to do it every 8 hours is a complete nightmare. so the goal is to do it the same times everyday? also heard i need to dose 1 hour after eating and 2 hours before or something. i mean this is impossible to come up with a schedule for this. thank you for any suggestions. 

hey sg sorry for another question. so its ok not to take my 3 doses 8 hours apart of my k to keep blood levels stable? as i said before having to set alarm to dose then go back to sleep is a nightmare. when you say do it the same every time do you mean do it the same times everyday? so i need to set up a schedule? i want to keep my blood levels as stable as possible but having to do it every 8 hours is a complete nightmare. so the goal is to do it the same times everyday? also heard i need to dose 1 hour after eating and 2 hours before or something. i mean this is impossible to come up with a schedule for this. thank you for any suggestions.

I would set a schedule and stick with it. Do what works for you. Waking to dose is usually not a good idea.

I would set a schedule and stick with it. Do what works for you. Waking to dose is usually not a good idea.

thanks sg, so taking at the same time every day is more important or the same hours apart every 24 hours,  in your opinion?

thanks sg, so taking at the same time every day is more important or the same hours apart every 24 hours,  in your opinion?

I'm going to chime in here about your dose times. I think you're worrying too much about the times.  Yes, we want stable blood levels of the drug but if a person sleeps 8 or 9 hours a night and only doses during the day, they're actually not spreading it evenly throughout the day.  For example, I was in the hospital and they gave me 1 mg Ativan 4 times a day and the times were between about 7 am and 8 pm or something.  So for about 11 hours no drug given.  The other 4 doses were I guess about 3 or 4 hours apart. But I didn't go into withdrawals in the middle of the night since I didn't get a dose then.  I think if you just take a dose when you wake up naturally, and another dose before you usually fall asleep, and the other dose halfway in between those two it'll be fine.  And I think what SG is saying about doing it the same every day also has to do whether you rinse the jar after drinking your dose and things like that.  If you do rinse the jar, do it every day. If you don't rinse the jar, then never rinse it and your body will get used to the routine that you stick to. The only thing that should change is the amount of med you're reducing.  I hope this made sense and was somehow helpful.  :)

I'm going to chime in here about your dose times. I think you're worrying too much about the times.  Yes, we want stable blood levels of the drug but if a person sleeps 8 or 9 hours a night and only doses during the day, they're actually not spreading it evenly throughout the day.  For example, I was in the hospital and they gave me 1 mg Ativan 4 times a day and the times were between about 7 am and 8 pm or something.  So for about 11 hours no drug given.  The other 4 doses were I guess about 3 or 4 hours apart. But I didn't go into withdrawals in the middle of the night since I didn't get a dose then.  I think if you just take a dose when you wake up naturally, and another dose before you usually fall asleep, and the other dose halfway in between those two it'll be fine.  And I think what SG is saying about doing it the same every day also has to do whether you rinse the jar after drinking your dose and things like that.  If you do rinse the jar, do it every day. If you don't rinse the jar, then never rinse it and your body will get used to the routine that you stick to. The only thing that should change is the amount of med you're reducing.  I hope this made sense and was somehow helpful.  :)

thank you so much af1. just this certain person tried to drill in my head (and shes a nurse) that I HAVE to get the same in 24 hours. but having to set that alarm and take my dose and go back to sleep is making me miserable. thank you for clarifying what you think about do the same everyday. im taking my doses now at 8-4-12 and waking up usually about 11. (forcing myself) so ill just take my dose when i wake up and then again at 4 then at midnight. thats 11 hours ill have no dose but i dont know how else to do since my sleep schedule is so messed up. thank you for much for your help.