Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I would like good non-romantic movie suggestions

[be...]

I watch movies or have them on in the background all day. I feel pathetic but they are like company and I don't have to look at them in the eyes or talk back. Really funny comedies are good but Id appreciate any ideas other than romances-too much of a trigger. Ill take horror over romance.  :thumbsup:

I watch movies or have them on in the background all day. I feel pathetic but they are like company and I don't have to look at them in the eyes or talk back. Really funny comedies are good but Id appreciate any ideas other than romances-too much of a trigger. Ill take horror over romance.  :thumbsup:

Wayne's world, the other guys, moon, 7 psychopaths, guardians of the galaxy, the royal tennebuams ,the amazing world of walter mitty, 28 days later

Wayne's world, the other guys, moon, 7 psychopaths, guardians of the galaxy, the royal tennebuams ,the amazing world of walter mitty, 28 days later

I have see all but 7psychopaths. I will try that out. Thanks.

Most of my suggestions are not new movies but I can watch them again and again..

Just for toughing without thinking too much:

- Kill the Boss I and II

- Susan Cooper / Spy

- Date Night (not romantic only funny with Tina Fey --> do you know "30Rock"? if not - watch it!)

- Bedazzled

Only to watch in a room that has a light in:

- Mama (if you are afraid laying in your bed don't watch it 8)

- Don't be afraid of the dark

If you want to focus on other stuff than your body:

- Sanctum (watch it!!)

- Limitless

- Moon (thats science fiction but I found it great)

- Identity

- The Devil’s Advocate

If you don't know sanctum I would start with that.

If you want to dive in a hole underwater some day, don't dare to watch it. buhahahaaha.

Most of my suggestions are not new movies but I can watch them again and again..

- Kill the Boss I and II

- Susan Cooper / Spy

- Date Night (not romantic only funny with Tina Fey --> do you know "30Rock"? if not - watch it!)

- Bedazzled

- Sanctum (watch it!!)

- Limitless

- Identity

- The Devil’s Advocate

If you want to dive in a hole underwater some day, don't dare to watch it. buhahahaaha.

I listed moon too! I love that film. Sam Rockwell is on every of the greatest actors out there. Great taste in movies marigold.

- Kill the Boss I and II

- Susan Cooper / Spy

- Bedazzled

- Sanctum (watch it!!)

- Limitless

- Identity

- The Devil’s Advocate

I listed moon too! I love that film. Sam Rockwell is on every of the greatest actors out there. Great taste in movies marigold.

...well in 5 years of taper I watched almost EVERYTHING I could grab :D But my favorite was sanctum. I am a great science fiction fan, too, and moon was great... perhaps we can remember more films like that..?

Those were some good suggestions. I will probably have watched all of them in a couple days the way I have been going.

Unfortunately Im super light sensitive so I watch all movies including horrors in dim lighting.  >:D

Some that I would recommend

In Bruges

Alan Partridge (if you have a weird sense of humor like me)

The Dan brown books turned movies, ie DaVinci code

Fracture

Mr. Brooks

Citizen Four

I also like looking by actor so search for John Cusack , Jake Gyllenhal, Ryan Gosling.

There have great movies.

Napoleon Dynamite, Zoolander, Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion, Clueless

What is this? A center for ants?

Derek Zoolander: How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read... if they can't even fit inside the building?

I like your style!I have see all four of those literally 10  times. I think I know every word from clueless.

"Tardiness is not something you can do on your own. Many, many people contributed to my tardiness. I would like to thank my parents for never giving me a ride to school, the LA city bus driver who took a chance on an unknown kid and last but not least, the wonderful crew from McDonalds who spend hours making those egg McMuffins without which I might never be tardy."

I like your style!I have see all four of those literally 10  times. I think I know every word from clueless.

"Tardiness is not something you can do on your own. Many, many people contributed to my tardiness. I would like to thank my parents for never giving me a ride to school, the LA city bus driver who took a chance on an unknown kid and last but not least, the wonderful crew from McDonalds who spend hours making those egg McMuffins without which I might never be tardy."

:laugh: :laugh:

Green Mile is a favourite ...to cheer myself up I watched some of the rising damp ones and only fools and horses .....they will make you laugh ...the disney ones are an uplift too.

well I have to join the sofa-binge-watching-tv-Club. Again.

the flu has trapped me.

:tickedoff:

In order to frighten the flu I will watch only horror movies. Called some of my english friends to get me the movies (cannot watch them in german. thats awful) ...

ready to frighteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!! :oXo:

If anyone needs a lovely little movie that has a good "advice" in, watch "Finding Dory"

(if Dory can find a solution even while having brain fog and anamnesis - we can for sure do so, too)