Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Eleventh day at .75 Xanax

[sp...]

Good morning all. Woke up today to racing thought s of my past. Ringing in my ears. Was suppose to cut.125 last night, but took the full .625 out of fear, from what I've read on this site. Need to get off this evil pill called Xanax. Don't want to change meds, but came close to calling my dr to switch to Valium or tranzene.

Everyone is different. Please dont be afraid. I dont know how fast you are tapering but if you feel bad slow down.

I have had sxs but not as severe as some people. I take the sxs other people have, like ringing in the ears and glad I read it here because I know its withdrawal.

To me thats not a big issue. I keep thinking of the goal-when I am done I will sleep normally again.

Dont expect to have every sxs and dont expect none. And many people dont get extreme sxs

Tapering.125 mg since June every seven days. Currently at .125 in the afternoon and.625 at night. Dr told me to this until I get to.5, then take.5 every other day for a week. After a week.5 skip two days.5 then stop.

Sounds reasonable. If you are afraid to cut another .125 maybe try half of that. Im doing titration, everything is so much more gradual. But you are getting there.

Im not that familiar with xanax. I wouldnt stop klonopin at .5 but sounds safe for valium.

There is a valium equivalency chart in the Ashton manual which is posted on here somewhere.

It sounds like you are going to do .5 every other day for a while, probably because of splitting problems?

Thats why I titrate. If you can split of titrate you can go lower than that b4 jumping if u want. I would see how u feel on .5 b4 making that decision

Im sorry,  I just looked up the equivalence to valium of xanax. Its the same as klonopin. So that does make that a pretty fast taper, and I wouldnt jump off .5.

I dont know the cut and hold protocols because I titrate but maybe someone else can give you a better taper schedule.

If you want to titrate I could help you with that

I'm tapering xanax.  I had to slow down quite a bit.  I got myself in trouble going too fast.

I don't know how long you were on and sometimes this makes a difference in how fast you can go.  I'm doing a symptom based taper now and am doing very well.  Personally, I would never jump at .5mg.  I went pretty fast in January and February and got hit hard.  I held until my symptoms were almost gone - and then held some more.  This has worked out well for me.  I've been making steady progress since and symptoms have been fairly mild.

I've been on it for eleven months. Down to.75 from 4 mg daily. Started at 2 during the day and 2 at night. Now I'm on .125 during the day and.625 at night. Was going to cut the nights dose by .125.

It really just comes down to you.  Only you know how you are feeling and no one knows how you will do continuing at your present pace.  I have found that waiting a bit between cuts so that I am sure nothing is going to bite me in the rear is my best course.  I don't cut when feeling unwell.  Some "push through".  I read alot of posts while deciding the "safest" method for me.  I want to do everything I can to prevent a miserable taper and potential protracted.  I have as long as it takes.  And I'm somewhat of a chicken these days.  I feel very good and don't want to blow it in the last few months.

Again, everyone is different.  I thought that I was fine with weekly cuts earlier this year - until I wasn't.

Reduced my dose of Xanax on Wednesday night by .125; from.75; I know that's about.050 higher than the suggested taper of 10%. I pray God I don't get into trouble. My last cut was the same, eleven days ago. Thank you all for listening. Wondering if chamomile tea, sleepy time tea is ok to drink during taper?