Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Diet affect withdrawal?

[Da...]

For the past 2 months I've been gluten free, no sugar, no alcohol, no caffeine... after being floxed by levoquin during withdrawal we revamped my diet to allow my body to heal easier.

I was feeling okay this weekend and we went to my in-laws for turkey dinner. I went a little overboard with dinner- I ate bread, dressing, and pie, had coffee and a couple glasses of wine.  Sunday night I was revved up. Very anxious, wide awake, and felt out of sorts.

Yesterday I was anxious, nauseous and dizzy. Heart palps came back and I felt like I just decreased but I haven't.

Today I'm still nauseous and dizzy - of course I'm anxious about it all.

Could my indulgences on Sunday still be affecting me today?

Probably. The holidays can be tough. I stick to a low glycemic diet because of my thyroid issues. I can eat anything w/o a problem but I tend to gain weight when I stray, which is often. I suspect you'll feel ok after a while. Nothing is permanent here. :smitten:

Betsy  :)

I know alcohol and benzos are a big no-no, alcohol can aggravate wd symptoms.  Coffee may also rev you up. As for as food goes, it varies, some people are sensitive and others aren't.

I know 2 friends who have gone through this and diet never affected things. We have all stuck to our original diet (no coffee) and all is well. Even sugar has had no ill effects. Tobacco is fine, too.

NO WEED OR BOOZE, NONE!