Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

You have trouble walking more than very short distances? Any input would be app

[se...]

And thanks so much to Florida Guy (if he sees this) because I watched The documentary The Benzo Medical Disaster by Shane Kenny. I found it very informative but one thing jumped out at me, Mr. Kenny said he had trouble walking. I really haven't read too much about people saying they have trouble walking, though I can infer something, most assuredly, if someone says they have trouble getting out of bed, etc. But with me it's actual walking. I can walk okay (not fast, and God knows I can't run) if I only walk about two blocks. That's all the stamina I have. I can also stand about 15 minutes, that's about all. If I push myself to do anymore than this, I feel totally enervated and I have to lie down. At least sit-down. And yes, I was disheartened when Mr. Kenny mentioned that he had been suffering with this conditions for 7 years. I'm going on 23 months since I jumped. I had a way too fast 3-month dry taper off of Klonopin for two years straight, at about 1 mg a day (or less, very infrequently, sometimes a little more) But before those two years I did take it once in awhile for maybe 8 years for sleep. And, I remember my fatigue started hitting me way back then...but like thousands, I never connected my fatigue to the Klonopin (and/or Xanax) I'd also love to know if anyone specifically had this, trouble walking more than short distances...then got better and resumed something like the stamina they had before, but I'm almost afraid of the answer. I might be looking at this for the rest of my life. If that's the case, I'll try to cope. I can only hope.

Hi Serenity,

I too had/have trouble walking. I was bed-ridden for 12 months during acute withdrawal. I am slowly able to walk further and more reliably as the months wear on.

For some perspective, I was a 17 year user of benzos. I tapered for 8 months. I've been off 14 months now. I started having trouble walking 5 months into my taper. Around 9 months off the pills, I was able to walk a little more each month. Right now, I can reliably go on an hour to two hour walk almost every day. While home, I don't have trouble getting around anymore, but I do still have to lay or sit down when my body tells me to. If I don't, my symptoms worsen. It sucks, but it's getting better.

Hang in there  :thumbsup:

Thanks sooo much for getting back to me, Donnie. I'm so glad you are able to walk for an hour! I hope we get there, as well...(those of us who can only do a few blocks) You give me hope. Thanks so much.