Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How long does it take to dissolve three klonopin pills in PG? Please help

[ho...]

I'm considering using pg for my titration. But have gotten much conflicted information about how much I need to dissolve 3 one mg klonopin pills. By the Jouyban chart it seems I can use 1 mg? But I've heard you need 1 mg per pill. Also how long does it take to dissolve, I've heard one minute, I've heard 24 hours. I will be crushing them. Also how long can I keep solution. I've heard seven days I've heard ten. I'm scared to put this stuff in my body as I have a comprised liver and it's just more toxin. Yes I know it's found in food. But I cannot have folic acid because of gene mutations and only thing I've found is pg turns to lactic acid in the body and if you're B1 deficient (which I probably am because of my gene mutations I am kind of low in b12),  that you can have excess lactic acid which causes anxiety and panic attacks. Stuck about this. Anyone? 

There really is no risk of using "too much" solvent.  Yes, 1ml per tablet  should work fine, but why not do 2ml per tablet just to be sure?

The  klonopin should dissolve very quickly...minutes, maybe seconds.  But remember, less than 1% of your tablet is actual K, the rest is binders, fillers, colorants, etc, some of which probably will NOT be soluble.  There almost certainly will be some residual solids in your solution, but they aren't K.

Your solution is NOT perishable (it won't spoil)  and there will be no loss of potency.  I always suggest making enough solution to last 10-14 days.  It should NOT be refrigerated.

There really is no risk of using "too much" solvent.  Yes, 1ml per tablet  should work fine, but why not do 2ml per tablet just to be sure?

The  klonopin should dissolve very quickly...minutes, maybe seconds.  But remember, less than 1% of your tablet is actual K, the rest is binders, fillers, colorants, etc, some of which probably will NOT be soluble.  There almost certainly will be some residual solids in your solution, but they aren't K.

Your solution is NOT perishable (it won't spoil)  and there will be no loss of potency.  I always suggest making enough solution to last 10-14 days.  It should NOT be refrigerated.

thank you builder. but with my gene mutations the pg could cause me serious issues. considering alcohol but ive just heard alcohol can really do a number on your central nervous system. was thinking milk but dont want to have to make batches constantly and heard milk may not actually do the soluable thing and not good for as long. i would like to make batches that last longer because i cannot do this myself right now and relying on someone else. does alcohol  cause issues for a lot of people?

thank you builder. but with my gene mutations the pg could cause me serious issues. considering alcohol but ive just heard alcohol can really do a number on your central nervous system. was thinking milk but dont want to have to make batches constantly and heard milk may not actually do the soluable thing and not good for as long. i would like to make batches that last longer because i cannot do this myself right now and relying on someone else. does alcohol  cause issues for a lot of people?

Beacause I've already dealt with these kind of concerns twice today, my response will be a little more blunt.

Do you really want to get off of benzos, that most certainly are harming you, and are probably already causing unpleasant sxs, or do you just want to obsess about the possible effects of a gentle taper solution?

And do actually know how little 1-2ml of liquid actually is?  1ml is 2/10ths of a teaspoon (hardly enough to even wet a spoon).

My advice...try this.  If it actually causes issues, then stop.  If you actually had a reaction to that tiny bit of PG (or alcohol) it would just be a very temporary condition, which could quickly be corrected by just stopping it!

And yes, as noted on your other thread, K is "milk soluble"!

But if you really are afraid to do an easy liquid taper, you could always do the good ol' cut  & suffer method.  No worries then about that nasty PG (0r alcohol).

Beacause I've already dealt with these kind of concerns twice today, my response will be a little more blunt.

Do you really want to get off of benzos, that most certainly are harming you, and are probably already causing unpleasant sxs, or do you just want to obsess about the possible effects of a gentle taper solution?

And do actually know how little 1-2ml of liquid actually is?  1ml is 2/10ths of a teaspoon (hardly enough to even wet a spoon).

My advice...try this.  If it actually causes issues, then stop.  If you actually had a reaction to that tiny bit of PG (or alcohol) it would just be a very temporary condition, which could quickly be corrected by just stopping it!

But if you really are afraid to do an easy liquid taper, you could always do the good ol' cut  & suffer method.  No worries then about that nasty PG (0r alcohol).

my concerns have to do with the gene mutations thats why im obsessing. having the gene mutations and putting something in my body like pg can make anxiety and withdrawal symptoms 50 times worse, like when i took a methylated B vitamin. after taking the methylated B vitamin for four days my withdrawal has intensified since. as you can see by signature ive been doing the good ole cut and suffer method. ive come down from 6-7 to 2.5 in 11 months.so at this point have to do a titration method because my body cannot handle this anymore. also im a recovering alcoholic which makes my body react differently to alcohol thanks to gene mutations. i know its a tiny amount. but kinda living in anxiety at this point.

my concerns have to do with the gene mutations thats why im obsessing. having the gene mutations and putting something in my body like pg can make anxiety and withdrawal symptoms 50 times worse, like when i took a methylated B vitamin. after taking the methylated B vitamin for four days my withdrawal has intensified since. as you can see by signature ive been doing the good ole cut and suffer method. ive come down from 6-7 to 2.5 in 11 months.so at this point have to do a titration method because my body cannot handle this anymore. also im a recovering alcoholic which makes my body react differently to alcohol thanks to gene mutations. i know its a tiny amount. but kinda living in anxiety at this point.

Well, if you've made up your mind you can't do PG, you can't do alcohol, and you don't believe K is milk soluble, what's your next plan?

I mean, it really seems to me that you have come to ask about liquid titration, but have already decided you can't do it.

As I said before, it seems to me the worst that can happen is short-term setback, which can be corrected by just ending the plan.  But in all liklihood, using PG or vodka will probably allow you to finish the rest of your taper fairly easily.

But we all need to do what ever we think will work for us.  Whatever you decide, I will help you if I can.

Well, if you've made up your mind you can't do PG, you can't do alcohol, and you don't believe K is milk soluble, what's your next plan?

I mean, it really seems to me that you have come to ask about liquid titration, but have already decided you can't do it.

As I said before, it seems to me the worst that can happen is short-term setback, which can be corrected by just ending the plan.  But in all liklihood, using PG or vodka will probably allow you to finish the rest of your taper fairly easily.

But we all need to do what ever we think will work for us.  Whatever you decide, I will help you if I can.

i think im going to go with the alcohol as the pg can be extremely toxic to me, and the alcohol i dont know whats gonna happen with my central nervous system. but seems the alcohol would be safer for me than the pg. the milk i need to be able to make batches that can last at least a week because like i said i am  in no condition to do this myself and will be relying on someone else to do it for me. so guess im going with the alcohol.