Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Leon Russell.

[Ga...]

I saw today that Leon Russell passed.

He was 70 I think and had had heart bypass surgery.  :(

I loved his song 'Singing this Song for You".  :smitten:

I saw an interview w Elton John who had done a concert w him and helped him. Leon wrote a song for him.

R I P Leon. 

• 4 weeks later...

And now we have lost Greg Lake. Loved his work. What a crap year. So many beloved musicians gone.

who was Greg Lake? and how come as a musician i haven't heard of him. too long in the benzo land fog suffering i guess.

Hi PDaisies, Greg Lake was one of the rock gods of the 70's. So I'm coming out as an old person. I crushed on him big time in high school.

He was in the groups King Crimson and Emerson Lake and Palmer. Had a stunningly beautiful voice and was a great guitar and bass player.

One of his best known songs was "Lucky Man". And you might hear his song "I Believe in Christmas" on the radio, since it's the season.

You'll find him on YouTube if you want to check him out.

Hi PDaisies, Greg Lake was one of the rock gods of the 70's. So I'm coming out as an old person. I crushed on him big time in high school.

He was in the groups King Crimson and Emerson Lake and Palmer. Had a stunningly beautiful voice and was a great guitar and bass player.

One of his best known songs was "Lucky Man". And you might hear his song "I Believe in Christmas" on the radio, since it's the season.

You'll find him on YouTube if you want to check him out.

oh yes, of course i know who Greg is now. i use to play "From The Beginning" on the guitar in high school. i also played "Mood For A Day" by Yes and the beginning of "Crazy On You" by Heart. God those really were the days.