Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Women and hormones

[ee...]

[ee...]

Like so many women plagued with benzo w/d, my hormones are all over the place.

My cycle is all messed up, skipped periods, very late ones and impossible to track and probably worst of all for me : hirsutism.

Is this all going to fix itself? It's not getting better after 6 months. I think it's even getting worse.

Are there any women who have been through it for whom it got better? I'm 36 and worried.

Thanks

I'm also 36 and having severe hormonal issues at 14 months off.  I'm sure my sleep loss has played a huge role.  I had two cycles that lasted 2 weeks each (4-5 days is normal for me).  I finally had it checked out and I'm glad I did.  They removed a very large polyp and an ultrasound shows that I have a thick uterine lining... Something I need more tests for.  Since having the polyp removed, my last period was much shorter at 8 days.  I recommend that all women should go have a pap to rule out major issues.

I had a pap last January (4 months off).  Things seemed normal withy periods at that time, but at some point between that pap and the one I had last month, a polyp that was so large it was dilating my cervix was discovered.  I recommend you doing another if things get too severe.  Or at least look into other types of screenings that apply, like a uterine ultrasound.  Most likely there is nothing wrong with you, but its always wise to get tested when having such strange menstrual issues. 

I just happened across this - Im older (47) and need hormone replacement for my bone loss but I can't do any of that until I'm long since healed from this Benzo mess

but.......have you gal's had ALL your thyroid hormones checked? (TSH, T4 AND the most important: T3) I have read a lot about women on Benzo's having thyroid issues which also affect cycles.....It's just a thought

I have had minor thyroid issues since long before Benzo's but during this taper, my thyroid has been SO out of range and no one can figure it out or fix it - It's a MESS

If you google "Thyroid and Benzo" there is an article on Stop the Thyroid Madness website - certainly you probably DON'T have Thyroid issues but it's worth ruling out.....

Hope this helps