Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How to taper and cross over from 2mg Ativan to Valium

[Sc...]

Hi! I've been taking Ativan 2mg nightly for the past month for anxiety sleep issues due to adrenal insufficiency. What would the plan to taper look like and cross over to Valium? Or should I just taper down staying on Ativan? Thank you!

Find out first whether you are dependent on the Ativan--very important. If you're not dependent yet, your doctor can see if you can manage cuts 1/4 pill at a time.  Otherwise, if you are dependent, then begins the long slog of tapering a tiny amount at a time.

I took Ativan for 2 months for anxiety and insomnia, only to find that I had become dependent when I tried to taper 1/4 of a .5 mg pill.  My life has been hell since then searching for a way off a tiny amount of this poison. 

Immediately try to find out with your doctor if you can do cuts of 1/4 pill.  It may be too late for that if you remain on it any longer.