Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

My job makes it forcing me to get a flu shot

[re...]

I  got my flu shots all the way through my healing without issue.  They always make me feel temporarily crummy, but they didn't compromise my healing and I didn't get the flu.  You wouldn't want to be one of the people coming on here complaining that on top of benzo issues, you also have the flu, right?

[c3...]
I've gotten flu shots every year during my taper with no problem and got another one a week ago.  My son caught the flu early in my taper and ended up in the ICU for 4 nights.  Can't imagine getting the real flu during this not to mention living with the fact that, if infected, you can easily transmit the flu virus to innocent people.

Just to chime in with the others, I had a flu shot last year, the year I came off clonazepam, and also the year before - during the worst of my taper.  Absolutely no issues there, so you may be worrying for nothing.  All the best to you.  Hang in there. 

I have also had flu shots throughout my withdrawal and recovery with no problems. I missed one year however, the year I was in tolerance and had no idea what was wrong with me.  I simply could not get myself anywhere on a consistent basis..... and I got the flu. It was pretty horrible.

pianogirl  :smitten:

I got a flu shot during the acute stage and nothing happened. I did end up getting the flu a few months later. I really don't think they work. I also read a article stating they don't work today. Who knows though right? I was scared to get the shot as well , but I did it any way. They really peer pressure you into it. The nurse was like you don't want to get your daughter sick or elderly people. So I was like fuck it give me the shot lady!

I had a flu shot during acute last year and again last month with 0 issues at all and when flu swept through my office last year I didn't get the flu.

why anybody would inject this poison into yourself is beyond my understanding.

look at mercury chelation first or try to get one without thimerosal

then go through the long list of toxic ingredients and see how you can detox from them asap google might have detox answers

That's the downside of being in healthcare. I use to be an EMT. Since my work was voluntary I didn't have to get everything but I did know many that did. I don't know what to tell you. I can't help but think back on how I got here in the first place and then they want us to trust them and require you to have your body violated. If you are uneasy about having a vaccine, it is unethical for someone to threaten you in any form to take it.

why anybody would inject this poison into yourself is beyond my understanding.

look at mercury chelation first or try to get one without thimerosal

then go through the long list of toxic ingredients and see how you can detox from them asap google might have detox answers

I've done my research too and agree 100%!

[c3...]

Niners,

Please do share your research regarding the dangers of getting a flu shot.  I normally don't engage in these debates but this one is about the health and well being of others.  My beloved late grandfather caught the mumps as a child and lost his hearing which caused great difficulties in life.  My sister almost died from measles as a child and we both suffered terrible side effects from the chicken pox.  My son nearly died from the flu 3 years ago.  You don't see many cases of mumps, small pox, measles anymore.  Why?  Hmmmm.

Comparing ingesting benzos to getting vaccinated that's saved millions upon millions of lives all over the world?  I've done the research, too.  I assure you my husband and I were much better informed about vaccinating my children than these drugs.  I'm happy to link you to the research that supports the safety of vaccinations. 

I'm not against vaccination. Far from it. I have never declined any vaccines until this year and it is only because my CNS and body is so out of whack right now that I'm afraid that it'll rev up my symptoms. I plan on getting it as soon as I stabilize (hopefully I will  :sick:).

Wildoit,

I'm not going to debate this issue with you. Based on the ingredients in the vaccines, and manufacturers warnings is enough for me to say no thank you!

[c3...]
I  understand why one would opt out of flu shots during this.  :) I'm not arguing against that at all.  I feel abliged to respond to those oppose vaccination as a matter of my concerns about public health.  When someone posts they have research supporting their anti-vaccination beliefs, I'm curious about the quality of the research. 

pro vaccine research is mostly done by big pharma. same as chemical drugs. fda approves what big pharma produces. many benzobuddies like me, learn the hard way what big pharma can do to you. vaccines are no different. i'm in a too bad w/d to list anti-vaccine arguments. there are a lot, and they are valid.

[c3...]
"pro vaccine research is mostly done by big pharma" isn't a valid argument against vaccinations.  We've irradiated polio, small pox, measles, mumps, rubella by these vaccinations you argue against. 

"pro vaccine research is mostly done by big pharma" isn't a valid argument against vaccinations.  We've irradiated polio, small pox, measles, mumps, rubella by these vaccinations you argue against.

This is a support forum . Let's all just agree to disagree . We all have enough on our plates as it is. Why add any more stress into our lives? Let's keep positive vibes going on here and drop all the negativity .

[glow=red,2,300]Remy[/glow]

[c3...]

Remy,

What am I not being supportive about?  I'm responding to posters who suggested vaccinations are dangerous.  When I see misinformation disseminated on this site relating to public health concerns, I'm not going to support that.

I'm in healthcare.....

What do I do?

My docs won't write a letter so I can get out of it

This is the original question. I am sure she is aware of what is in flu shots ,since she works in health care. You guys have been arguing back and forth over this information . She didn't ask about it this information at all. What is supportive about arguments? People will always have opposing opinions. Debating such topics isn't conducive to a recovery support forum.

The information you guys are debating is all online for anyone to see. With that people can form thier own opinions .

You are bieng aggressive . Even towards me now ? I just want to diffuse this drama unfolding . It's pointless . What is the point? Point? Point? Point?. Point? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhh!

Vaccinations are an age-old debate and, not unlike politics, each individual will have their own viewpoint. The beautiful thing about opinions is no one is wrong, no one is right. There is no harm in a mature debate, as long as we don't succumb to finger pointing and insults.

I am of the belief that our bodies are designed to heal themselves. The very reason we have an immune system is to fight disease/viruses. I don't think the flu will ever be eradicated, it mutates too quickly and there are simply too many strains....that being said, I don't see the point of flu vaccines. For diseases like mumps, measles, chicken pox, rubella , I have always vaccinated. But that not what this thread is about. It's about the flu shot.

Willdoit - that must have been an incredibly scary experience for you and your family when your son got sick. In the interest of not scaring people into getting a flu shot, could you expand a little on what happened to him. Was it a secondary infection? For some people, the flu is obviously very dangerous but hundreds of thousands of people get the flu every year and do not require medical intervention.

Vanille - I'm sorry you're being forced to get the flu shot. It was mandatory for me as well while working in the lab of a busy hospital. There was an article just yesterday about 4 nurses that refused the vaccine and are forced to wear masks to work during flu season. It was interesting article documenting both sides of the argument. I know many members who have had their flu shot with no ill effects, and I see a lot of them have chimed in here.