Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Pregnancy and bomazepam

[lo...]

My reason for joining here because i started to use bromazepam 5 years ago and there aws numerous factors because i started with this such as continuouslly stress during my private life, my work ect. Now i am using it because i am not feel comfortable in place where i live , i can not function very well. My present does vary , sometimes i am on 3 mg per day , sometimes more than that . My father died when i was 22 and since he died i havent spoke about him for 2 years. After that my uncle, brother from uncle , my mother get sick. My brother got merried and i loved him so much , and for the past two years i feel like he doent care for me any more . He has a little boy , now2 years old and his mother forbid me to see him . At the end of their arguing it was all my fault regarding to them , her family hates me, and i didnt do anything wrong. All my fault is that i was so connected with my brother , and i was a great support to him. All my fault is that i finished coulalge and she is jelaus .After he got merried i was in relationship with good man ,and they made me to go live with him inspite the fact that i do not love me like i suppose to love a man. The only solution that i can see now is to get pregnant and have my own child using bromazepam. I tried to quit several times..but i can do it any more.. I am sorry if i spell something wron , english is not my native language.. Does any have experiences of using this drug during pregnancy.Thank you all for Yor replies

I am also living in a small town and small country where is very hard to find a new job , which, i think would be helpfull of not thinking about how much did i get today. Every day is about counting my mg of bromayepam. I red a lot about quitting , and i know how hard this process is especially emotionally. Once i quit for a 15 days , i had regular, but short sleep, enough for me , but every time i am clear something happened that stressed me a lot .I think that i have great depression.I used to be very happy i dont know what happened with my life

Hello lost in dark,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! I'm sorry you have suffered so much stress in your life, stress that led you to take bromazepam.  When times are tough, people often look for a solution and sometimes it is a drug. Unfortunately these drugs are simply a bandaid and come with issues like dependency to deal with.

If you are not pregnant now, I would suggest you wait until after you are off bromazepam.  While a lot of people can withdraw without serious issues, for others, the process can be very challenging.  If you are now pregnant, I think it is very important to have a doctor who knows about your situation and can monitor your pregnancy.

With a sensible taper plan you can taper successfully of bromazepam.  A slow taper can help to minimize withdrawal symptoms. Generally a reduction of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days is suggested. I'll give you a link to the General Taper Plans for additional information.

I'll also give you a link to the Ashton Manual, it is an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. It was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field.

You will find our kind members will offer support and encouragement to you, we have many members who are not native English speaking so don't worry, we'll be able to understand your posts.

Just because you tried to quit using bromazepam in the past does not mean you'll not be successful in the future.  Being healthy and benzo free is the best thing if you wish to become pregnant.

Please do ask questions, we're here to help.

General Taper Plans 

The Ashton Manual

pianogirl  :)

thank you pianogirl, i red ashton manual  and i tried to get off benyos ..but its like i am in situation when i am not happz with anzthing and there is also fear of pregnancy. I am 33 year old and i can say that there is no many days that i feel good. i will try cold turkwy from today .. Lets see what will be...

How can i have a child with man that i dont love , i hate my job , so much effort in life and i  get nothing....i will go on fitness but in three days i do not know can i manage because of the weakness of my body :tickedoff:

But i heard that woman took and harder drugs than bromazepam and give birth to healthy children, than why suffering so much ::)

thank you pianogirl, i red ashton manual  and i tried to get off benyos ..but its like i am in situation when i am not happz with anzthing and there is also fear of pregnancy. I am 33 year old and i can say that there is no many days that i feel good. i will try cold turkwy from today .. Lets see what will be...

How can i have a child with man that i dont love , i hate my job , so much effort in life and i  get nothing....i will go on fitness but in three days i do not know can i manage because of the weakness of my body :tickedoff:

But i heard that woman took and harder drugs than bromazepam and give birth to healthy children, than why suffering so much ::)

Hello again,

I would strongly advise against going cold turkey. That is not the best way to withdraw from these types of drugs.  Cold turkey can bring on some very intense symptoms. 

Benzo withdrawal is not a race, slow and steady is the way to go.  Once you are off benzos and recovered, in my opinion, that would be the time to rebuild your life. You are still very young and have a long future ahead of you.

Yes, people do take benzos during pregnancy at times, however, I believe it's best to be healthy as possible during pregnancy.

pianogirl  :smitten:

i was out last night after long time , drink achocol.i didnt need so much...i had a great time.  i am all right today and i am just preparing to go to bad because hadache stoped finally. i am litlle scared of going on work tomorrow . I havent finished my task ..whatever. probably on third day i will feel something ..but will let you know. i have doctor in my house..boyfriend  he works in emergency . what he can do if sth goes too bad except to give me a pill .

we will see

i tried so many times before , i am so tired. i cant let the pills distroy my life. i need children , our lives become boring withought them good night