Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feeling of shock

[Ja...]

I have tapered down to 1mg Valium

I had cold turkeyed after occasional usage then unknowingly fast tapered then this is try 3. Same but worse. Holding here at 1mg about 23 days but holding on for dear life and had to add neurontin or hospital

Now I don't know how to proceed in this state. I am in shock perpetual terror

I was functional 3-4 wks ago

Limited but functional

I feel that way lots of times and I'm at 11 months going on 1 year now. I really believed things would get better and they have somewhat but I def get the in shock feeling. I hope you feel better soon.

What else do you think it could be?

I had the chest thing costochondritis occasionally flare up pre benzo

But this is full blown shock that knocks you out w pain plus nerve pain all over

I am in acute

I did not Habe this daily even one month ago. Got slammed at 1mg

Started gabapentin

Also who knows they say I have Lyme but I believe it's benzo

I had my bloodwork done monday  tested for Lyme as well haven't heard nothing but said they had to send it out whatever that means, I'm freaked out right now you said they act alike, what symptoms?

Lyme and benzo

Fatigue

Parathrsias

Fever

Bladder stomach so many sx

I think for me it's benzo

Before this I was hiking and doing yoga 5 times per week

I had a lower immune system but exercises and lived well

Only problem started to be sleep due to kids and maybe thyroid

to feel shocked is depersonalization and is a typical symptoms of withdrawal. You feel numb and stuck, like only you are stopped while life keeps on rolling..

After I was totally medications-free that left me very quickly, like I woke up. I am now completely free and my mind is sharp and totally back. I hope this will come for you, too.

I have lyme desease, too, and I don't have that feeling now - I don't hink it comes form that.

This isn't DP or DR

It's literally chest agony shock that just stays on all day until I am writhing in chest pain from it

Very weird.

Nerves sensitizes there