Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

health anxiety - scared to go for nuclear stress test

[ha...]

I have anxiety disorder and high blood pressure, with anxiety attacks and withdrawls of klonophin, suffers with chest pain, I went to cardiologist to make sure that my heart is ok. He ordered nuclear stress test. I am freaked out now. :'( how do I face this nuclear stress test. Please support. I am scared of the results, I am scared of the uncomfortable symptoms during test which may lead to panic attack .. I am just scared >:( Please help.

I went through the same.  I actually had a low EF so cardio wanted the stress test.  Thought I had heart failure I was so scared.  The test showed absolutely no heart problems.  Glad I had it.

Plus the Dr gave me some beta blockers to help with the racing heart so all turned out well.  Im sure yours will be ok too

I went through the same.  I actually had a low EF so cardio wanted the stress test.  Thought I had heart failure I was so scared.  The test showed absolutely no heart problems.  Glad I had it.

Plus the Dr gave me some beta blockers to help with the racing heart so all turned out well.  Im sure yours will be ok too

thank you so much for support and assurance.. :-*:smitten::thumbsup: going to stress test with anxiety is not easy especially if you faced chest pains and shortness of breath before. thanks again. love you.

The test is not so bad. You will spend more time waiting around and being scanned than the actual "stress" portion of the test. Most people who get stress tests have chest pain or shortness of breath as a reason for the test so you are not alone. You will have leads attached to you and your heart rhythm will be monitored during the test. You will be closely supervised. Are you going on the treadmill or having a chemical stress test?

The test is not so bad. You will spend more time waiting around and being scanned than the actual "stress" portion of the test. Most people who get stress tests have chest pain or shortness of breath as a reason for the test so you are not alone. You will have leads attached to you and your heart rhythm will be monitored during the test. You will be closely supervised. Are you going on the treadmill or having a chemical stress test?

thank you for your message, that helps me to calm down.

I requested chemical stress test as I am not physical that strong and fit to run and I have fear that it will lead to shortness of breath or lightheadedness as any physical exertion will trigger the anxiety in me and may lead to anxiety attack.

thank you for your message, that helps me to calm down.

I requested chemical stress test as I am not physical that strong and fit to run and I have fear that it will lead to shortness of breath or lightheadedness as any physical exertion will trigger the anxiety in me and may lead to anxiety attack.

You may get some symptoms from the drug but the newer ones they use now aren't too bad. If you do begin to experience symptoms, try to keep taking deep breaths and know that what you are feeling will pass and be of short duration. And as I said before, you will be closely monitored and on the off chance there is a reaction to the chemical, there is an antidote to reverse it. So try not to worry. You will do just fine!

I was told by Doctors office that it is 2 days test, first day is stress test and second day normal test where I can take my food and medicines before test.

what is the difference between two days tests and why , any inputs? :-\

I was told by Doctors office that it is 2 days test, first day is stress test and second day normal test where I can take my food and medicines before test.

It just depends on the way they do the protocol.  Some places do a 2 day study, some in one day.  Really just a matter of their preference.  They are looking at the blood flow to your heart muscle with the test.  They get images both at stress and rest (so your first day you will be imaged after stress and your second day is the resting study).  Then they compare the two images.  If they see reduced blood flow in your heart muscle on the stress study compared to the resting study, that could suggest a blocked artery.  They do the stress study first because sometimes if it's completely normal they don't have to bring you back the second day for the resting study.  Good luck, you will do fine, and I hop you get good results!

It just depends on the way they do the protocol.  Some places do a 2 day study, some in one day.  Really just a matter of their preference.  They are looking at the blood flow to your heart muscle with the test.  They get images both at stress and rest (so your first day you will be imaged after stress and your second day is the resting study).  Then they compare the two images.  If they see reduced blood flow in your heart muscle on the stress study compared to the resting study, that could suggest a blocked artery.  They do the stress study first because sometimes if it's completely normal they don't have to bring you back the second day for the resting study.  Good luck, you will do fine, and I hop you get good results!

thank you very much again. I am approaching this forum group for support because the people come here can understand what the anxiety attack is and how to face these kind of tests. It helps me. thanks.

Thank you friends... I passed those frightening two days of stress test. :'( and results are good  :thumbsup:(got next day) the test was not bad, I tamed my mind from few weeks to face it  8) because I know it may kick of anxiety attack to me on the bed when going through test. yes it mimics anxiety attack but not bad and came out of that mode quickly. it is all because I didn't run on threadmill, but given nuclear IV to increase the heart rate and then they reversed.

I am writing all this to just let you know if I can go through anyone can go through. It will help who scheduled  stress test.

Knowing the result is again another panic attack. I got voice message from Dr. office saying " you got your results , please call the office at your earliest convenience" when I hear that again my racing mind played with me. my body was shaking, heart pounding is everything ok?  I called my husband and asked him to find the result. He was said it is good which relieved my tension so much.

thanks again for your support friends...

Thank you friends... I passed those frightening two days of stress test. :'( and results are good  :thumbsup:(got next day) the test was not bad, I tamed my mind from few weeks to face it  8) because I know it may kick of anxiety attack to me on the bed when going through test. yes it mimics anxiety attack but not bad and came out of that mode quickly. it is all because I didn't run on threadmill, but given nuclear IV to increase the heart rate and then they reversed.

I am writing all this to just let you know if I can go through anyone can go through. It will help who scheduled  stress test.

Knowing the result is again another panic attack. I got voice message from Dr. office saying " you got your results , please call the office at your earliest convenience" when I hear that again my racing mind played with me. my body was shaking, heart pounding is everything ok?  I called my husband and asked him to find the result. He was said it is good which relieved my tension so much.

thanks again for your support friends...

Good news!

Thanks for asking about this hartsfordresident, I am supposed to have a stress test and have been procrastinating. The replies you have received have helped me. Glad your test went well.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for asking about this hartsfordresident, I am supposed to have a stress test and have been procrastinating. The replies you have received have helped me. Glad your test went well.

You will be fine.. get it done get the peace of mind.