Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Update of symptoms after 6 months

[be...]

Hi buds

I am nearing 6 months off of Klonopin.

Current Symptoms:

Loud Tinnitus

Numb head (forehead and scalp especially)

Constant Fear

Anxiety

Depression

Dreaded adrenaline-like awakenings in am

Two things have gotten better:

Insomnia has improved thanks in part to Mirtazapine (Remeron) 7.5 mg

Hypersalivation has stopped for now

Where are you with your symptoms?

I am at 5 1/2 months out  and my  remaining symptoms are so very similar to yours....really loud tinnitus, surges of anxiety,  and periods of  weepiness. My sleep is excellent though - 8 hours per night-  I remember my dreams a lot more than I did while on xanax. thank god for that sleep . Muscle pain and tingling in my hands and feet has improved a lot- is only occasional now. Hoping and praying  for a full recovery in the coming months...

I am at 5 1/2 months out  and my  remaining symptoms are so very similar to yours....really loud tinnitus, surges of anxiety,  and periods of  weepiness. My sleep is excellent though - 8 hours per night-  I remember my dreams a lot more than I did while on xanax. thank god for that sleep . Muscle pain and tingling in my hands and feet has improved a lot- is only occasional now. Hoping and praying  for a full recovery in the coming months...

I don't remember my dreams at all right now. It might be because I wake up in such a dreaded state. I am glad that you are sleeping. I don't sleep a full 8 hours but getting a straight 6 hours is an improvement over the way it was. I just noticed that you were on a benzo 30 years, wow. I thought my 20 was a long time. I hope we both improve soon.    :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I am starting month 5 and I am the same as you at 6

Current Symptoms:

Loud Tinnitus

Numb head (forehead and scalp especially)

Constant Fear

Anxiety

Depression

Dreaded adrenaline-like awakenings in am

10 mo

Restlesness /agitation

Fear (that this will never end)

Anxiety

Adrenaline rushes (can come on at any time)

Still easy to dehydrate / blood sugar issues

Intermittent burning of extremities

Now I'm in the midst of tapering gabapentin 

Thanks guys for your updates. I just passed the 7 month mark and I have not seen any improvement. I am trying to up my overall outlook on life by listening to beautiful music but I can tell that my post benzo brain is not grasping the full effect. I know that I used to get mellow with this music but now I can tell that I am really not able to benefit. This is so frustrating. This just shows me how much benzos affect the brain's ability to feel pleasure once they are stopped. 

Almost 5 months.

Extrem neck pain

Sometimes sever anxiety and agitation ( not w4 hours like before)

Sensitivitie to light

Sometimes DP/DR and brain fog (just when anxiety is strong)

I do sleep but with much dreams and woking up and sleeping paralyses

Sometimes depression

Sometimes vertigo

Problems with swallowing

Tinnitus

(I do have problems with middle ear so some symptoms can be due that too)

Midway through the 10 month out.

1. Some anxiety on some days but is becoming less and less.

2. Depression off and on but has become less and really is going away now.

3. Cold, numb and stiff fingers and toes - gone.

4. Early morning awakenings/toxic mornings - cortisol/adrenaline rushes, jittery, anxious feelings, obsessive looping thoughts, restlessness - going away, mostly gone now. Sleep has improved from; used to be  1 1/2 to 2 hours per night for about a year beginning from the end of taper to about a couple months ago, now my sleep is about 6 to 7 hours per night and improving.

5. Tinnitus in the right ear - starting to fade away now, on some days is gone.

6. Still have the emotional numbness.

All in all, I'm still recovering, but it's just slow going. But as we all know it takes time. I am a whole lot better than I was 5 months ago I can assure you. It is getting better!

Keep pushing forward      :thumbsup:

I'm 2 months off 1 mg of Klonopin daily for 3 months with a pretty much cold turkey. Was off that for 6 weeks but wound up in the local er for 150 resting heart rate and got shot with ativan and propranolol which was a mistake. They kept pushing the ativan and I ended up in worse shape a few days later  I'm now 8 weeks clean and doing pretty bad but after reading this thread I see others who are much further out and still not doing good which I'm sorry to see. I'm not doing well but who am I to complain when others are still suffering so far out. My symptoms head and ear pressure, nausea, dizzy, ears ringing, headache, dp and dr, anxiety, mind racing, not much sleep and a few more. I only took klonopin for 3 months but I guess that was enough to put me in hell. I guess the taper didn't help matters either. Should I expect any relief soon? Anyone have any suggestions for me? The ride is pretty bad at the moment but I trying to hang on. I also have the very fast heart at times but I'm just letting it ride. All the er wants to do is shoot me with poison.

Thanks guys for your updates. I just passed the 7 month mark and I have not seen any improvement. I am trying to up my overall outlook on life by listening to beautiful music but I can tell that my post benzo brain is not grasping the full effect. I know that I used to get mellow with this music but now I can tell that I am really not able to benefit. This is so frustrating. This just shows me how much benzos affect the brain's ability to feel pleasure once they are stopped.

Keep listening as much as possible. I have been going through the same thing. I have a career in music (or should I say *had* a career in music) so it has been devastating, to say the least.. Just recently, songs have really started to click emotionally with me again nd I've been able to feel them like I should, in fact, I'm feeling them deeper than usual. I know when I'm fully healed it will be amazing and better than before!

I will be at 7 months on December 31st and the last few days I have been wiped out by one of the worst waves in a long time. It is hard to stay positive when I had such great hopes for being healed at 6 months...now I know it will likely be much longer than that. Right now surges of anxiety, tingling in my hands and feet and weepy feelings of despair have come back to haunt me in full force along with the usual tinnitus. Going to try to keep a stiff upper lip but with Christmas just a couple of days away that is very hard. :'(

I just hit six months few days ago. My two core symptoms are dizziness and panic attacks. Others symptoms include dp/dr, headache, ocd thoughts, and fatigue.  I am improving but quite slowly. I am having waves and windows, sometimes even a day. Everyday.  I am putting the healing for 12 months. Hoping we will heal soon :). I am going to see a psychologist for the first session today, hoping it will turn out good.

Hi, 7 months  off clonazepam. Was on it for 2 times 2 and half months last year and this year. I thought bc I was on it short time my recovery will be short too. Did not happened. I'm still sevire pain by afternoon but is better than 6  months ago.

Current symtoms: sevire head pressure, burning head, scalp. Painfull thingling scalp.

Anxiety, depression, Some gi problem, tinnitus comes and goes, sleep ok most off the time(remeron3 mg)

No window yet, hoping to heal

Hi, 7 months  off clonazepam. Was on it for 2 times 2 and half months last year and this year. I thought bc I was on it short time my recovery will be short too. Did not happened. I'm still sevire pain by afternoon but is better than 6  months ago.

Current symtoms: sevire head pressure, burning head, scalp. Painfull thingling scalp.

Anxiety, depression, Some gi problem, tinnitus comes and goes, sleep ok most off the time(remeron3 mg)

No window yet, hoping to heal

Did you taper or c/t?