Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

new and need liquid taper plan pls!

[ge...]

Hi dear members

I am new here, been on ativan for 4 months for insomnia and anxiety. I am also on citalopram for 12 weeks now. I am weaning off ativan 2.5mg to 1mg now.

I need your help: i read about liquid titration and have started 2 days ago. This is ny method so please help me to correct it:

I take 1mg ativan, crush it with a spoon. Then take another mason jar, i put 80ml of distilled water in the bottle. I take out some to mix with the crushd ativan. I make sure to empty out the ativan with distilled water that i put in the mason jar. I keep it for 15 minutes. Then i take the jar, shake it vigouresly and immediately take the syringe, take 10 ml out and drink 70ml. This is suppose to be 1/8 taken out of ativan.

I want to taper every week.

Is this correct?

Please help!

Thank you!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ge...]

• [bu...]

• [ho...]

• [bu...]

"It is a white to practically white, practically odorless powder. It is insoluble in water, sparingly soluble in alcohol, and slightly soluble in chloroform. Each tablet, to be taken orally, contains 0.5 mg, 1 mg, or 2 mg of Lorazepam, USP."

http://www.drugs.com/pro/lorazepam.html

It IS soluble in propylene glycol, and there is an Rx liquid ativan available.  (It uses a PG solvent)

Thank you builder for a response.

So can i buy propylene glycol from the pharmacy and drink it?

Also is my taper plan good?

Thank you

You can buy PG at larger pharmacies, some specialty food stores, or definitely from Amazon.  PG is a common, widely used food additive.  You will really only  need to use a very small amount, ( 2ml PG per 1mg ativan  ) then dilute it with  water.

And you don't need to "take out your cut and drink the rest"...just take out your dose (or part of the dose) and drink that.  No need to subtract anything.

For example, if your at 2.5mg total dose

Mix your liquid so you have 1mg ativan in 10ml liquid.

Take 2mg by  tablet, and then draw 5ml (.5mg) from the liquid and take that.

Your mix is non-perishable, and stable.  You can safely make enough to last 7-10 days, and just take what you need.

Hi builder

Thank you so much for the info.

For the calculation,  for 1mg of ativan, i take 80ml distilled water and put 2ml of pg in the crushed ativan. After i remove 12ml. Then i drink the 70ml and keep the 12ml in the fridge? Are my calculations ok? Sorry i am sooo confused with the math :idiot: what do.u mean 2.5mg? I am taking .8 mg ativan, basically 1/8 less of 1 mg. How do i do that?

Can you clarify how i should go about with my plan? Is 1/8 a week okay?

I just want to be correct and have the less withdrawals possible.

I appreciate your help a lot!

Hi builder

Thank you so much for the info.

For the calculation,  for 1mg of ativan, i take 80ml distilled water and put 2ml of pg in the crushed ativan. After i remove 12ml. Then i drink the 70ml and keep the 12ml in the fridge? Are my calculations ok?

Can you clarify how i should go about with my plan? Is 1/8 a week okay?

I just want to be correct and have the less withdrawals possible.

I believe folks  should follow any plan that works for them, but the whole "remove X and drink the rest" thing is kinda silly IMO.

If you want to do 1mg per 100ml, you can, but it really isn't necessary. If you do 1mg per 10 ml, you can actually measure out .001 (one thousandth) of a mg using a 1ml syringe.

If you want a .7mg dose, then just pull out 7ml and take it.  (Or 70 ml, if you want to do 1mg per 100ml)

Make enough to last 7-10, and just pull up what you need each day and take it.

Hi again builder

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just went to 2 pharmacies and i would need to order pg :(

So at the moment i am going to used distilled water. Is that still ok?

I am going to sound really dumb but can you please let me know if im doing the right calculations?  I want 1/8 of the 1mg ativan(reducing every week) so how should i make enough for taking .8mg of the ativan everyday for this week until tuesday? I am literally confused and i do not want to waste any ativan because i dont have a lot. So sorry for the loads of questions :-\

Any help is appreciated !

Hi again builder

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just went to 2 pharmacies and i would need to order pg :(

Readily available from Amazon

So at the moment i am going to used distilled water. Is that still ok?

"It is a white to practically white, practically odorless powder. It is insoluble in water..."

I am going to sound really dumb but can you please let me know if im doing the right calculations?  I want 1/8 of the 1mg ativan(reducing every week) so how should i make enough for taking .8mg of the ativan everyday for this week until tuesday? I am literally confused and i do not want to waste any ativan because i dont have a lot. So sorry for the loads of questions :-\

So dissolve 10 mg.  That will actually be about a 12-14 day supply.  None will be wasted...it isn't going to spoil or degrade.  Just use from that batch until it's all gone.

Any help is appreciated !

Thank you again builder for the quick response.

What should i do tonight for .8mg of Ativan? 😯

When i get the pg, i dissolve 10mg of ativan ( 10 tablets) in 10ml of pg then i put it in 1000ml water ?and with the syringe( my syringe is 10ml), i take 80 ml? Please correct me if wrong

Thank you again builder for the quick response.

What should i do tonight for .8mg of Ativan? 😯

When i get the pg, i dissolve 10mg of ativan ( 10 tablets) in 10ml of pg then i put it in 1000ml water ?and with the syringe( my syringe is 10ml), i take 80 ml? Please correct me if wrong

If you really want to do 1mg=1000ml, then it will be 10 mg ativan, 20 ml PG, and 980ml water.  and yes, .8mg would then be 80ml.

You could just get a 1ml syringe.  Most pharmacies will give one for free or you  could order some from Amazon when you order your PG.

Thank you again builder.

I just ordered from the pharmacy and it wil be here hopefully on monday.

How much would 1000ml last for? 10 days? I want to take .8 until tuesday then go down another 1/8. Is this a good idea?

So i would drink 80ml for one weel, next week 70 ml, and so on? Is this feasible?

Yes sorry i meant i have a 1 ml syringe until 10ml.

"If you really want to do 1mg=1000ml, then it will be 10 mg ativan, 20 ml PG, and 980ml water.  and yes, .8mg would then be 80ml."

That would be about a 12 day supply.  And you won't be wasting anything...just use it until its gone.

if I had been on 1mg for 30 days, 1.5 mg for 5 days , and then went down to 1/2 mg for last 4 days and today it caught up to me a bit. I just took another 1/2 mg now.

what would be a good  taper start and or schedule I could maybe start asap as my doctor is useless and he had instructed me to go down to 1/2mg the order day with no luck

any help as I am desperate to get off this Lorazepam.

I am think of the cold turkey thing, what that work at this point.

Thank you builder.

Hi burpie

Have you tried the liquid titration method? Im doing that right now.

Have you had any withdrawals? I have some palpitation and shortness  of breath and im taking .8 ativan right now.

I would like a taper plan too. Can anyone help us? Builder?

Builder i read your post about daily tapering.

I am actually doing weekly tapering. Do you mind setting me up with a schedule? My pharmacist gave me one for dry taper but it backfired.

I would really appreciate it. I am currently taking 70ml from 80ml of liquid Ativan, thats 1/8th. Should i go slower?

Thank you so much! I am just so nervous about not getting the right achedule and messing up. I am.also on citalopram which i can to eventually taper too. But first lets drop ativan!

Builder i read your post about daily tapering.

I am actually doing weekly tapering. Do you mind setting me up with a schedule? My pharmacist gave me one for dry taper but it backfired.

I would really appreciate it. I am currently taking 70ml from 80ml of liquid Ativan, thats 1/8th. Should i go slower?

Thank you so much! I am just so nervous about not getting the right achedule and messing up. I am.also on citalopram which i can to eventually taper too. But first lets drop ativan!

What is your current dose in MG.

What taper (cut) rate do you want to do?  (either in mg, or a %age)

Hi builder

Current dose: 1mg ativan but went to .82 mg ativan on tuesday (basically 12.5% cut). Is every week too much? Will i get too many withdrawals?

Taper rate would ideally be 1 month and half. I only have 60 tablets left!  :-\ i will get the pg on monday.

Thank you again!

Hi builder

Current dose: 1mg ativan but went to .82 mg ativan on tuesday (basically 12.5% cut). Is every week too much? Will i get too many withdrawals?

Taper rate would ideally be 1 month and half. I only have 60 tablets left!  :-\ i will get the pg on monday.

Thank you again!

If your current dose is .82, and you have 60 tablets (60mg) you have a lot more than 1 1/2 months supply.  Even if you took 1mg/day without tapering, you would have 60 days (2 month) supply.  And if you started a uniform taper from 1mg, you would actually have 4 months supply.

I'm going to suggest you cut .01mg per day.  That's about a 2 1/2 month taper.  Yes, your  60 mg supply will be enough.  (Your average daily dose is actually going to be .41mg.) 

Combine 10mg ativan+20ml PG+980ml water.

Your daily doses will be:

.82mg (82ml)

.81mg (81ml)

.80mg (80ml)

.79mg (79m

.78mg (78ml)

.77mg (77ml)

etc, etc.

Pretty simple!

Hi builder

Thank you so much.

So tapering per day is better than weekly reduction?

I had very bad withdrawals today. Will it get better with daily reduction?

I also need the pg to do liquid titration properly.  Im currently doing it with water. Is it still effective?

I really hope it goes smoothly. The withdrawals are so bad! Do you know anyone who tapered successfully off ativan in 2 months?

I think i will make a spreadsheet  for the tapering.

This might sound weird, but i have a 10ml syringe. How do i take out .82ml from 1000ml? Do i buy a bigger syringe? Does it affect suspension?

Sorry im really new to this and want to get it right. Please advise me of there's anything else i need to know. Thank you again.

I think i will make a spreadsheet  for the tapering.

This might sound weird, but i have a 10ml syringe. How do i take out .82ml from 1000ml? Do i buy a bigger syringe? Does it affect suspension?

Sorry im really new to this and want to get it right. Please advise me of there's anything else i need to know. Thank you again.

1)  Its .82MG and 82ML.

2)  If you do a 1mg per 10 ml solution (as I originally suggested) then it would be .82MG and 8.2ML  Then your 10ml syringe would measure each dose in one pull.  If you really want to do the 1mg-100ml, then you can either make 8 full and 1 part pull, or you can buy a 50-60ml syringe.

Once again, a 1mg=10ml will allow you to measure out to .01mg (hundredths of a mg)  That is all the precision you will need.  And you could do it all with just one pull with your 10ml syringe.

Then your schedule would be:

.82mg (8.2ml)

.81mg (8.1ml)

.80mg (8.0ml)

.79mg (7.9m

.78mg (7.8ml)

.77mg (7.7ml)

etc, etc.

Thank you Builder, once again.

So if 82mg is 8.2 ml, how much mixture would I make?

I take 10 pills and put them in 100ml water then? 10mg+20 ml PG+80 ml water?

How long would this mixture last if its 100ml?

I am so sorry Builder, I am super lost when it comes to calculations. And very anxious how to go about :-\