Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

getting off ativan 1mg!

[ge...]

Hi

I have been on ativan for around 4 months now. I was on 2.5 mg a day for sleep and anxiety and now i am on 1mg. I am also taking citalopram, which i wish to discontinue soon.

I need your support and help to taper of ativan with liquid titration! I am sooo happy to join this community because i am lost in regards to calculations of liquid titration.

Please help this mommy of 2 get off ativan.

Thank you so much and looking fwd to discussing with you!

Hello gettingoffativan,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! Don't worry, we'll be happy to help this mommy of 2 get off Ativan. I think you are making a very good decision to come off after 4 months of use. It is a relatively short time of use but frankly, these types of drugs are designed for much shorter terms, say 2-3 weeks. 

It doesn't take long for dependency to develop while taking benzos. You made a pretty significant reduction already and I see you wish to follow liquid titration for the rest of your taper.

I'll give you a link to the Titration Board. We have many experienced members who will be happy to help you set up a schedule and formulate your taper plan.

I'll also give you a link to the Ashton Manual, it is an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. It was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field.

I would suggest tapering just one medication at a time. Once you have completed your Ativan taper and are feeling well, that would be a good time to begin to reduce the citalopram.

You'll receive a lot of good support here so please do ask questions.

Titration Taper Plans     

The Ashton Manual

pianogirl  :)