Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

ativan - how often should I take it?

[cr...]

I'm down to 1.15mg in my taper.  :thumbsup: I dose every 5 hours, 12pm 5pm 10pm and 3am. This was working well, but I'm staying up to like 6am now and getting less sleep. So I'm going to bed feeling like it's almost time for another dose.

Should I start taking 5 smaller doses more frequently or am I chasing a never ending number of doses? At the beginning of my taper I switched from 3 to 4 and that helped inter dose withdrawal a lot. With 5 doses I'm thinking I could take it at 1pm 5pm 9pm 1am and 5am.

Although, it does seem a little ridiculous taking that many doses. Should I just stick with my current schedule?

During my Klonopin taper I was up to 6 times a day to ease the suffering. Hurt like hell when I jumped. You'll have all kinds of thought processes about that, I did. Remember your body has to eventually adjust to 0 times. So to split the difference might be best. 4?

To even out the hills and valleys I dosed Ativan four times daily - roughly every six hours - but took twice the dose at bedtime to help with sleep.  Now, in the final stage of tapering, my bedtime dose is so ridiculously small (.004 mg) it doesn't make any difference.