Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Paradoxical to kolonopin/ what do you do? HELP ME!!!!!!

[Pl...]

This is severe..... Has anyone experienced this what do you do?    can't do it another second

I am a rapid taper /ct.    kindled case....

Please please help me...... !!!!!!!!    Do I tell my dr. and do a cold turkey?    I am afraid of that also.... Please anyone..... This drug is literally killing me....

Look at my posts... For sxs...... Can't do it.... Trying to save my life...... Please please someone who has seen or had experience please make a suggestion I can bring forth to my dr....... Please...... So desperate..!!!!!!!!!!!!    Please!!!!!!!.

I am with you

I called my doctor and said the same

He wants me to start over at 5mg calium

How will that help?

It feels paradoxical to me too

Michael Gitlin md is another expert

I think you need to see a neuropsychiatrist

I wonder I feel the same

I dot. Feel like I can taper in this positions

What are your main too sxs

Mine are:

Burning

Akathesia

Terror

Prickling

I can live w all except terror and aka

He wants me on more gabapentin

I will try it today if it doesn't work I will go to detox I think but I think it will be hell on earth when I come out

If I were in your position, I would take theanine, taurine, and manage your vitamin K levels.

Ltheanine will protect your over excited nuerons from glutamate, and taurine will increase gaba in your body.

Stay hydrated

My doctor just called me

I asked him about NAD

He said it's not going to do shit in my position

He said I needed real medical care whatever the fuck that means

He wants me to see a neurologist and talk about ketamine coma for reset

I know it sounds dramatic

Or he said changing me to pheno in hospital or getting back on benzo and starting over

I do not want to start this shit over. Period. What did I do wrong here?? I was micro tapering

Maybe faster than I should have? Yes I screwed up by tapering while sick. And taking additional meds for asthma etc and zinc/juice plus. Have no clue what did it

Pm me if you want.

Sorry

He also wants me to load up on gabapentin just as an experiment to see if it works. If it doesn't then he said we move on to the next.

This is crazy

Pls Lmk what you decide

You need to go to a neuropsychiatrist

Do a functional MRI and I think you do need some kind of neural reset

I do not have the movement issues that you have but the terror and aka and insanity

If it's a true paradoxical problem then I'd taper rather Quickly but I'd talk to my doctor first. I'd highly recommend a low dose of Remeron 7.5 or 15 mg) for sleep and daytime agitation (assuming it works) and at least 900 mg of gabapentin 3X  day to help with pain and even anxiety if you're lucky. I can't tolerate any SSRIs but do well with low dose Remeron. Also the gabapentin helps me when I need it. Maybe talk to your doctor about it for sure. But if it's a real paradoxical issue I see no choice but to get off it. Upping your dose with a paradoxical issue would be crazy in my opinion. B

Jackson and Please, what a f'ing mess. I'm really sorry you guys are having such a hard time. Wish I could help. I hope it gets better.

Everyone thank you for responding......truly.... I can't sit still... Pacing... Severe stuff happening....

OE,    To answer your question... K did help initially.. But it turned on me....

Bb,    I can't take SSRIs.... Took a genome test.... They make me sick... Bad reaction to gabapentin....

How do I taper off this fast enough..... I have my period too.... I am rocking back and forth like a maniac....want to pull my hair out.... I feel crazy... I want to jump out of my skin.......

Took clonodine earlier...... To calm me... Just spaces me out more...... I don't want to die.... My body feels it will give out any second..... God please help me....

I ordered l theanine.... I thought taurine acts on gaba receptors;..,

My family doesn't understand I'm experiencing akasthesia and think I can control it... I can't!!!!! God please help me,,,,, please!!!!

If this is a failed reinstatement which it is .... Can I just cold turkey...... was gonna try pills one last time instead of the liquid.... My heart feels like its gonna give out... Can't stop rocking back and forth and pacing..... been like this for months and months and months ..i. M gonna die

I know why people drastic measures.... I don't want that to be me..... Tryin so hard..... Sxs are so amplified.... Is it period? Can it really cause this? I need relief desperately,..... I feel like I drank 10000 cups of coffee.... What the heck is wrong with me?!!!!!!

I'm not someone whose ever been able to take pills. And nor have I..... I was only one my whole life... I'm so sick... Sorry for my posts...... I don't know where to turn to for help to stop the akasthesia....!!!!! Its unbearable....torment......

Please, your period will amplify your sxs.  Are you taking any other meds?  I can't tolerate any psych meds either. 

I have Akathesia... not quite as bad...but it is horrible.

Please, your period will amplify your sxs.  Are you taking any other meds?  I can't tolerate any psych meds either. 

I have Akathesia... not quite as bad...but it is horrible.

I only take clonodine every few days....my head was visibly swaying in circles..... I was going to try inderal to see if it worked better..... I will not take any head meds because my body rejects them..... but i will sparingly try stuff like a beta blocker... clonodine is a alpha blocker but it has a withdrawal...

I am scared to death of all pills even food!!!!!!

Pleasebehere,

I'm sorry you're going through this. I tried finding your post in the introduction section but I didn't see it.

I'm not quite sure in what way you're paradoxical. Only akathisia ?

Anyway, the dose of lorazepam was relatively low. 1 mg K = 2 mg L, or 1 mg K = 4 mg L

Unfortunately, you probably got stuck on the worst benzos ! I know, I took both.

Short term use. If possible, I would avoid a slow taper. Tapering K can last forever.

There are all sorts of options ... but the right ones ... ? In case of truly paradoxical reactions, the protocol is usually to discontinue the offending agent ! A bit harder if you've been on it for a while ...

Akathisia ... it could be caused by a disruption of the dopamine/acetylcholine balance in the limbic system/brain stem. Or maybe elsewhere .. I'm not a neurologist.

Maybe an antimuscarinic drug like Cogentin could work ... but I would be hesitant to add drugs.

Maybe, just maybe the best way is to get off both L and K ... My gut feeling is that diazepam is not a good choice either ... But I'm biased !

Options ? Maybe some kind of detox or outpatient treatment. Phenobarbital, Lyrica, gabapentin, maybe there is something to soften the blow. Again, I don't knwo yoru symptoms. I wish I had an answer to my paradoxical symptoms !

I too would not normally say to try Valium as it's been dreadful for me but it might help. If it's truly paradoxical with the K you need to get off it. But really you need to see your doctor. Remeron is not an SSRI but it has a mild effect on seratonin. I can't tolerate SSRIs at all. They make me literally crazy but low dose Remeron is very sedating for me. But it can't be more than 15 mg. in your case 7.5 would probably be best. All I know is that if it's the K you have to get off it. B

Pleasebehere,

I'm sorry you're going through this. I tried finding your post in the introduction section but I didn't see it.

I'm not quite sure in what way you're paradoxical. Only akathisia ?

Anyway, the dose of lorazepam was relatively low. 1 mg K = 2 mg L, or 1 mg K = 4 mg L

Unfortunately, you probably got stuck on the worst benzos ! I know, I took both.

Short term use. If possible, I would avoid a slow taper. Tapering K can last forever.

There are all sorts of options ... but the right ones ... ? In case of truly paradoxical reactions, the protocol is usually to discontinue the offending agent ! A bit harder if you've been on it for a while ...

Akathisia ... it could be caused by a disruption of the dopamine/acetylcholine balance in the limbic system/brain stem. Or maybe elsewhere .. I'm not a neurologist.

Maybe an antimuscarinic drug like Cogentin could work ... but I would be hesitant to add drugs.

Maybe, just maybe the best way is to get off both L and K ... My gut feeling is that diazepam is not a good choice either ... But I'm biased !

Options ? Maybe some kind of detox or outpatient treatment. Phenobarbital, Lyrica, gabapentin, maybe there is something to soften the blow. Again, I don't knwo yoru symptoms. I wish I had an answer to my paradoxical symptoms !

Hi liberty....I'm paradoxical in that it overly sedates my mind like a zombie but my body is in complete overdrive.... There is no calmness ever.... It is pure hell...

If you go underneath my name and look at one of my first posts you'll see my introduction...

Thank you for the suggestions very much and explaining it...

I too would not normally say to try Valium as it's been dreadful for me but it might help. If it's truly paradoxical with the K you need to get off it. But really you need to see your doctor. Remeron is not an SSRI but it has a mild effect on seratonin. I can't tolerate SSRIs at all. They make me literally crazy but low dose Remeron is very sedating for me. But it can't be more than 15 mg. in your case 7.5 would probably be best. All I know is that if it's the K you have to get off it. B

Barb.... Thank you sweetie for the suggestions.... I'm trying to figure out which route to go .... I'm very thankful for everyone's suggestions on here.... Its giving me some food for thought..... I just don't want to make any more mistakes....

Are you still taking the liquid along with the tablets?

Yes... Dissolving liquids in milk... Makes me sick.... :-[

If you felt OK on the Klonopin before switching to the daily liquid MT, perhaps your body doesn't like the liquid? There are a few of us out there that, for whatever reason, can't handle the switch to liquid. That's only a guess, and I'm definitely not a professional.

:therethere:

Does the clonodine help at all?

It does a tiny bit but amplifies my dizziness.... My head visibly will sway in circles.... :-[ :'(

I'm not too sure about the clonodine...sounds like a small payoff for increased sxs. Again... not a professional, just thinking out loud so to speak.