Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Small Coping Tip for Withdrawal

[So...]

If you're like me, there's a sense going through withdrawal that your life is stopped, especially if you're not working. I am way better than I used to be, on the road to healing, but not quite there. It's definitely been the hardest thing I've ever had to endure. I was surprised I didn't think of this before someone else mentioned it, but figured I would share his tip: stay off and away from social media. Since avoiding Facebook and the like, I've been a lot better emotionally, without feeling as if the world is passing me by.

Maybe it'll help you all, too.

What tips do you have to help cope with withdrawal aside from diet and exercise?

I agree with you! I deactivated my Facebook account for the same reason. I don't even miss it. Reading, taking baths and using a heating pad helps me a lot.

Completely agree, no Facebook, were not falling behind, ( it will make you feel that way) were gearing up for the future.

I have a growing collection of Star Wars Lego vehicles. It fills that evening time with something to construct.

Hot baths for sleep, exercise as possible, WATCH your diet. Food is medicine

Hi  Bernard.

I know exactly where you're coming from.  Facebook tends to make me sad at times due to that fact that other people are out and about doing wonderful things and I'm just stuck.

I only go on every now and then to stay a little connected.

One day we'll be out and about again doing wonderful things.

Stay strong and keep positive amongst the madness.

Tallow

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Completely agree, no Facebook, were not falling behind, ( it will make you feel that way) were gearing up for the future.

I have a growing collection of Star Wars Lego vehicles. It fills that evening time with something to construct.

Hot baths for sleep, exercise as possible, WATCH your diet. Food is medicine

I'm curious as to what you recommend eating or not eating to help with withdrawal.

Also a big believer in regular ingestion of protein. Plant based lavender candles. Avoid the news. Avoid thinking too hard. Just shut down, dim the lights, and breathe when things get too intense.

Meditation.. There's an excellent app called Insight Timer. 

Also getting outside as much as possible, warm baths, avoid the news,  and listening or reading scripture.