Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

medication vs no medication

[re...]

Do you all really think if we take meds to help with this withdrawal that in will make us heal slower (or not at all) vs

those who don't take anything during withdrawal?

[b6...]
I think it depends on what you take and who you ask.  There's very little hard data on the subject, so you're sort of stuck with opinions and theories based on limited patient experiences.

I think Badsocref nailed this one.  It is irksome that there is so little HARD DATA on the subject of benzo withdrawal and what really helps.  There are so many opinions and contradictory notions about what to do that one has to crunch the data and make up one's own mind.  If only there were more qualified clinicians to help.

I agree with badsoref too. It all depends on what specific meds you are taking. I know if there were meds or anything that made this process easier we would already be doing it. To me the truth is there is nothing that really helps make it a lot easier. We just have to ride this out.

Time is the best healer, but without going on Prazosin I wouldn't be doing as well as I am now.  Don't rush to go onto drugs.  Keep going to a doctor on a regular basis and if you need medication go on medication.  Modern medicine is a marvel that shouldn't be shunned, but you shouldn't rely them as a fix all.