Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Cuts catching up- please explain what this means

[...]

What does it mean when people say the "cuts are catching up with you"?

If you cut and hold a couple wks and then cut again, etc, how do the cuts "catch up"?

Thanks for explaining this!!

What does it mean when people say the "cuts are catching up with you"?

If you cut and hold a couple wks and then cut again, etc, how do the cuts "catch up"?

Thanks for explaining this!!

Libr, how are you?  Long time no see.  It applies to long half like benzos like Valium and Librium.  So it takes a certain amount of time for the drug to be cleared from your system and your body to adapt to the new levels.  If you cut before this hypothetical time, the cuts eventually stack on top of each other and cause worsening symptoms.  So you could be experiencing symptoms from several cuts.  That is my understanding.  Does that make sense at all?  I could do hypothetical math but I'm too tired, I just had surgery.  I'm sure one of our math gurus will come along and do it for me lol.  Have you made any progress with your taper?  I'm holding for recovery from surgery, but will be back at it soon enough.

Hi Hope- yeah I was just lurking for a while. Glad your surgery went well and you seem to be in good spirits as always. I saw your post on a benzo bill in TX and will have to get more info on how to do that in my state once I'm out of this wave.

So I'm still tapering mag- getting lower and was doing great for a couple months but now in a wave. It's short acting so I was wondering if cuts catching up applied to my situation as well. I'm not sure why this wave happened. Guess it means I have to reduce my cut amt which sucks bc I'll go past my arbitrary stupid deadline. :) I see you've slowed your rate a bit too.

Hi Hope- yeah I was just lurking for a while. Glad your surgery went well and you seem to be in good spirits as always. I saw your post on a benzo bill in TX and will have to get more info on how to do that in my state once I'm out of this wave.

So I'm still tapering mag- getting lower and was doing great for a couple months but now in a wave. It's short acting so I was wondering if cuts catching up applied to my situation as well. I'm not sure why this wave happened. Guess it means I have to reduce my cut amt which sucks bc I'll go past my arbitrary stupid deadline. :) I see you've slowed your rate a bit too.

If it's short acting I think it wouldn't apply?  I had to slow up a bit as I've had two surgeries and didn't want to be unstable and wreck my recoveries.  I did manage to drop 2 mg between the surgeries, and as soon as I'm recovered from this I'll just keep on going.  There is a Facebook group called Benzodiozopine Awareness and Legal Action you can join and from there meet up with members of your own state.  Anyway, hope you get off the mag soon so you can tackle the librium!  I've given up on deadlines lol.