Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Thankful and Thank you for being here

[3c...]

[3c...]

It was on my birthday of this year that I began this recovery.

The depression and anxiety I had just before I did that was overwhelming again and honestly I had no choice. 

I wasn't really thinking or operating or making my own decisions by then, it was as though something "else" was.

Note:  I too was given the wrong advice from the doctors and hospitals on how to taper.

I tapered too fast which caused PAWS -  severe physical and mental withdrawal...but it's okay,

here I am and I'm still keeping a positive mind and a sense of humor.

Yes, believe it or not, I laugh at some of the symptoms both physical and mental that I experience!

The interesting part and there are many, is that once I started my taper I rarely if at all had any anxiety or depression!

Of course I had fear and fatigue with the withdrawal symptoms but nothing like what I experienced most of my life. 

I have heard this from many others by the way.

Remember, if you are going through this it is very natural for you to be very scared and tired and sad about what you are going through.  It's okay, just feel it, It Will End, and it will get Better every day. 

Only 3 months out and 0.125 to go but I am getting long windows now and have relied primarily on my life long love of healthy food, yoga, swimming, exercise, nature and meditation to get me through. 

My advice is to go easy with all of that however. 

The best advice I was told is to try not to take anything like supplements or other drugs to speed your recovery...

and that Time is the only true healer.

My weird and wacky waves are still very much there, (not right now :-) but I know there will be an end to this suffering and to what I call the "Bazaar Benign Benzo Bugs"  and I need to tell that to those who are not sure. 

I plan to continue to report my progress so that others can suffer less.  I know how much forums and online information and support helped me when I first started going through the withdrawal and I am finally ready to give that back from time to time. 

In the meantime it may be helpful for some to read, google, subscribe etc...to these people if you have not already. 

I couldn't have lived the past few months without them:

Alesandra Rain - Beyond Limits

Jennifer Leigh, PsyD - Recovering one day at a time

Kelly Brogan, MD

Kundalini Yoga - moderate, beginner type.

Thank you to my daughter, my soul of my soul, L.T.S. - RN who told me to and helped me register and sign up on this online forum.

Hi  :) Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I am so happy you found us today. Congrats on your taper so far. It sounds like you have a real positive attitude through all of this.

You might like to check out The Ashton Manual it is an authoritative source on what to expect in withdrawal and recovery.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field.  She describes and explains withdrawal symptoms.

Please feel free to post to any of the dedicated boards, we have a wonderful community of people here, who will give sound advice. Members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal and are more than willing to share their experiences.

Withdrawal Support During Your Taper

Please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will allow others to see where you are in the process so they can better support you.

Again Welcome!  :smitten:

benzos-R-cruel

[3c...]

Thank you for your welcome.  I am trying to stay positive.  I am trying to learn how to use this forum.

I have read The Ashton Manual.  I do not plan on tapering the remaining 0.125 of clonazepam cold turkey at all...I will look for support around that.  I read it after it was too late into my withdrawal and I'm very close to being done.

I honestly don't think my body will even let me open a bottle of Valium at this point.  I'm thinking it may be counterproductive at this point.

I have been consulting with someone I trust that has been through it and I'm praying I can finish off

the remaining 0.125 in a month or two at the most.  I'm going extra slow now.  I will however continue to read and listen to others and learn and stay open.

thank you.