Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I was wrong about the alcohol

[Ma...]

Well, I was wrong about the alcohol. Last week I drank one-two standard drinks a night for three days straight  excluding Friday when I had about 3 which made me depressed and intoxicated. My eye twitches went away on Thursday or Friday and in the back of my mind I thought it might have been the grog. So after abstaining on Saturday and Sunday, I noticed my eyelid twitches returned yesterday lunch.

They aren't strong twitches but they are there dammit. So obviously the alcohol acted like valium somehow and my W/D eased a lot. I'm remaining abstinent for good now. Be aware to others who don't know, alcohol may prolong W/D because it is like a Benzo, you'll only get temporary relief. Onward and upward.

You are over analyzing.

I disagree -- I think Mat learned a valuable lesson about experimenting with alcohol.  Good luck M with your recovery and stay away from the booze for awhile.WBB

I agree with you. The central nervous system is healing. Our GABA receptors are healing, our glutamate tends to run high, alcohol acts as a GABA agonist.