Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I was wrong about the alcohol

[Ma...]

Well, I was wrong about the alcohol. Last week I drank one-two standard drinks a night for three days straight  excluding Friday when I had about 3 which made me depressed and intoxicated. My eye twitches went away on Thursday or Friday and in the back of my mind I thought it might have been the grog. So after abstaining on Saturday and Sunday, I noticed my eyelid twitches returned yesterday lunch.

They aren't strong twitches but they are there dammit. So obviously the alcohol acted like valium somehow and my W/D eased a lot. I'm remaining abstinent for good now. Be aware to others who don't know, alcohol may prolong W/D because it is like a Benzo, you'll only get temporary relief. Onward and upward.

You are over analyzing.

I disagree -- I think Mat learned a valuable lesson about experimenting with alcohol.  Good luck M with your recovery and stay away from the booze for awhile.WBB

I agree with you. The central nervous system is healing. Our GABA receptors are healing, our glutamate tends to run high, alcohol acts as a GABA agonist.