Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Who is functional vs non functional

[Ja...]

Wondering

Still tapering but stopped being able to function

I am a high functioning person who owned a business and have two kids

Cannot get past these last 1mg v

In a heap of chemical terror and kindled

Help

Think you've been this way for just too long. If it was me I'd cut .5 or simply just jump. 1 mg seems to be doing more harm that possibly none at all. I don't know but it's what I'd do. Then take each day as it comes and let the healing really begin. B

Sorry Jackson thought you were down to 1 mg but maybe you redid your sig. at 5 mg I wouldn't jump. Never. But being in such torment. I assume you restarting your taper. If that's the case...one day at a time I guess. With luck a few more windows. Right now I'm not feeling the terror but I can relate to the burning. I won't updose though. I'm afraid to and it never works for me anyway. We'll all be ok. Don't give up hope. You're not alone. B :smitten:

Thank you. Yes I restarted taper in February 2016. Was functional until 3 wks ago when I hit 1mg

Just started gabapentin 100-300 daily

Holding at 1mg

If this doesn't work then I go inpatient

Restlessness Akathesia and burning head to toe all nerve in chest body are the worst

Not sure why my sxs are so extreme considering this started from 3 times a wk usage fof four mos

Just in shock

Hi Jackson,

I am 77 days into my taper from klonopin 1.5mg/day. I was reducing .25 mgs ever 2-3 weeks and was mostly functional during that time. My biggest symptom was/is sever morning anxiety, which would cause me to be late for work. When i got down to .25 mgs the anxiety increased and I have decided to jump back up to .5 mgs with .25 in the morning and night and then reduce more slowly at a rate of 10% every week or 2.

At any rate, I have been forcing myself to be functional and to ward off the feelings of wanting to lay in bed all day. The weekends are difficult because it gives me the opportunity to do this and I am definitely not used to having that type of feeling. I have been making myself exercise 3-4 times a week and getting out of the house when an opportunity presents itself.

Wishing you luck in your journey!

• 2 weeks later...
I was non functional for several months. Since tapering slowly I have been functional, though I have my good and bad days. This too shall pass.  I also own a business, this has been a hard year to say the least. Hang in there.

Was non functional for 3 months....finally functional again. Down to 1.5mg of V and feeling like this shitshow is coming to an end finally. Still have crummy days but nowhere near as bad as before.

I'm functional.  I work fulltime.. It's hard because I have a lot of insomnia and cognitive issues..  I started taking propranalol a couple days ago to help with sleep.  It hasn't done a  thing for the insomnia, but it has been a tremendous help with my concentration and focus at work.  I didn't want to add meds..but this one is worth being on for now I think.

More functional than before I started my taper, only because I'm pushing myself in an effort to feel "normal." A little depressed, anxious from time to time but I'm carrying on and doing all of my stuff. After a few months of tapering the symptoms don't even get to me anymore when they do pop up. I just distract myself until they pass.