Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How long after a reduction in Klonopin before you feel w/d

[Ir...]

I am wondering what other experience is when making reductions during your Klonopin taper.

How long after you cut before you really start to feel the withdrawal symptoms?  I made a pretty big cut from 1.5mg to 1 abou two weeks ago and I am feeling the dizziness, ringing ears, and nausea. 

It is not unbearable but I'm wondering if I should hold here for awhile or keep pushing forward with a much smaller reduction? 

Hi,

If it were me, I would hold for a while  longer. I felt withdrawal symptoms around 7 days when I was cutting and holding. When I detoxed I felt them right at three days.

I also tapered too fast and it caught up with me at nine months and then I got almost every symptom in the book. I held for a very long time before I could taper again.

If I were you,  since you say that it is not unbearable, I would hold until my symptoms remained the same for a few days, meaning not getting any worse or changing, and then start tapering at a slower rate, like you suggested.

Good luck.

Jenny