Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Klonopin - almost done but need help :)

[mi...]

Hi Friends,

I'm down to .125 in the morning and .125 at night. I'll be making my next cut tomorrow, where I plan to eliminate one of my doses.

My question is this - I usually have more anxiety in the morning, I guess due to higher cortisol levels. Is it better to take the night dose to help into the morning, or to take the morning dose for this? I take my morning dose around 830 so it doesn't really kick in properly until about 10, when most of the morning anxiety is starting to come down.

Thank you so much!  :)

Hi Mini,

Just a thought: what if you take most your dose (3/4 of it) at night and the other bit in the morning? Just few days see how you feel, if OK, then you can stop taking the little morning piece of pill.

Thanks, clona! I'm a little hesitant to increase my night dose again as I'm trying to get my sleep rhythm back to normal. But cutting down the morning dose slightly before eliminating may be a good idea.  :smitten:

To be honest, I don't know because I only took Klonopin before bedtime for insomnia. I had (and have) the same problem, anyway: morning excitability (not anxiety, just restlessness). It also depends on what you have to do. Do you have to go to work? Do you need to sleep a lot to be functional? If you're lucky enough not to have to work, you an experiment a little and see what's better for you, and can switch again if it isn't good. By the way, if I were you I would go for the night one...

If it were me i'd micro taper.  The end of a taper can be tricky.

You will find out soon enough but if your not 100% stable I would not cut again.

To be honest, I don't know because I only took Klonopin before bedtime for insomnia. I had (and have) the same problem, anyway: morning excitability (not anxiety, just restlessness). It also depends on what you have to do. Do you have to go to work? Do you need to sleep a lot to be functional? If you're lucky enough not to have to work, you an experiment a little and see what's better for you, and can switch again if it isn't good. By the way, if I were you I would go for the night one...

Thank you, fadingoutlight - of you mean go for the night one like remove the night dose? I do have to go to work, unfortunately  :(

If it were me i'd micro taper.  The end of a taper can be tricky.

You will find out soon enough but if your not 100% stable I would not cut again.

Thanks, birdman. Definitely nervous as I approach the end, but luckily most of the symptoms from my last cut have subsided and not sure I'm disciplined enough for a microtaper  :-\. I'm definitely going to play this cut by how I feel rather than forging ahead if side effects are unbearable.