Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

When does it end??

[Lo...]

Coming up 17 months off. In general im doing heaps better and can function on a reasonable level. Im just left with occasional mild anxiety, low energy which are managable but the muscle pain is really kicking my ass.

My back , neck and calfs are locked up and so tight its unbelievable. Surely this is the final stage of the recovery process. Im so ready to be well again.

Lockie, I am at 14 months and I am functional But I have a lot of ups and downs through the day.

I was wondering has your anxiety gotten better since you were at 14 months was there a time where you felt the sxs peal away?

Lockie, I am at 14 months and I am functional But I have a lot of ups and downs through the day.

I was wondering has your anxiety gotten better since you were at 14 months was there a time where you felt the sxs peal away?

4 main symptoms have been plaguing me since 12 months. Fatigue,  anxiety , cogfog and muscle pain. The last month everything has dropped off but the muscle pain has increased dramatically BUT i have been alot more active too

Lockie...you know Im struggling mate. Big time. Its amazing effort youve produced to hang on so long. Strange. I dont have any of those physical issues. Just this brutal mental.

Withdrawal affects people in different ways shamo. At least with you its only mental not physical too (not taking anything away from what ur going through). I went from working 12 hour shifts underground mining to a bedridden trainwreck with the mental capacity of a retarded 3 year old from just 2 mg of valium.

Un fucking believeable.

Stay strong mate. Get your life back

Lockie did you have Akathesia ? When you were bedridden was the anxiety like chemical anxiety in your gut that just got higher and higher in intensity like a shock like feeling

I am so scared something really is wrong

This isn't a normal reaction I am having

I am on remeron too

I tried neurontin

I don't think I will make it off without support meds bc I kindled

I thought I would be ok until post jump but am not

Sorry you are struggling

So you had Akathesia? Inner restlessness? When you were in blind terror were your insides raw ? You just stayed like that for 6 mos?

Mine is physically painful

Hi Jackson. Im sorry you are so ill. We have already had this conversation via PM and you have seen my you tube videos. I HAVE experienced everything you are going through but i cant just keep answering the same questions over and over again.

I think you have tapered too fast and need to updose and have a long hold to stabilise.

I wish you all the best in your recovery and so sorry you are so sick.

Not a problem mate. I was going around in circles for the first year to and it is frightening. This is withdrawal and you WILL make it. Time is your friend

Hello Lockie my sweet pal! 💖

I'm soooo  sorry that you are still struggling with this mess!! I too can relate, as I am 15.5 months out and the muscle soreness and "locked up" muscle tension (neck, back and calves) sooooo freakin' painful!! I still have a few other bothersome sxs too. Please know that you're not alone, and this too is part of recovery! It WILL pass for us, all of us!

Please stay strong sweetheart! 💖

Hello Lockie my sweet pal! 💖

I'm soooo  sorry that you are still struggling with this mess!! I too can relate, as I am 15.5 months out and the muscle soreness and "locked up" muscle tension (neck, back and calves) sooooo freakin' painful!! I still have a few other bothersome sxs too. Please know that you're not alone, and this too is part of recovery! It WILL pass for us, all of us!

Please stay strong sweetheart! 💖

Hello blessed my ole friend  :hug: , been awhile since we spoke! I havnt seen you on here for awhile and was hoping you had healed and moved on.

Amazing how we can be so far out and have a few symptoms that just wont let up! I finally got some relief yesterday after a week of walking around like the tinman using deepheat to oil my body lol.

I hope you are keeping well buddie i think we will be passing the finish line at about the same time. This emoji kinda sums up how im feeling lately - :brickwall: but better than feeling like i used to - :stretcher: haha

I heard from a friend who just saw a benzo wise doc.  Apparently its true that our brain heals in increments of time: 3 months.  Its so strange, but I think its been mostly true in my case.  Do you think so, Lockie?  Months 1-6 was sheer terror for me.  Could not sleep to save my life!  Then a miracle happened at month 6 and I was able to drop mirtazpine that I heavily relied on for just 2 hours sleep.  At month 12, I entered my current phase of feeling about 50% better (most days).  I'm still highly symptomatic, but at least my worst symptom is only relentless half of the night instead of ALL night.  I'm praying that 15 and 18 months brings another major milestone in healing for me.  3 more weeks will make 15 months off that that pile of shit!

3 month incriments sounds about right. I can definitely gauge my progress about that timeframe. Glad you are doing better buddie