Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Does anyone feel better while tapering, worse while holding?

[...]

I'm at a loss of what to do.  I was tapering and doing ok until about the last 6 weeks I got lower on the dose and sx were getting progressively worse. Some days I was still able to get out some.  I decided to do a hold, but now about 2 weeks into the hold sx are even worse than they were while tapering and I'm not able to do much at all.  I would be willing to do a hold, but I'm not sure it would help. I've even thought of going back up a little to get stable but not sure if that would help at this point.  Not sure about whether to do a crossover to valium either.  I appreciate any advice. 

I'm tapering Ativan to. One thing I can say about ativan is that it's super inconsistent. At least with me. I feel ok tapering, worse holding. Then ok holding, worse tapering. If you play it by ear that helps. If you feel bad holding it may be because ativan makes many people feel bad in general... Just from taking it. I personally hate the way it makes me feel and is all the more reason to keep tapering regardless. But I'm no expert, so I hope others can give some advice to.

Also, if you do decide to crossover to another benzo, keep in mind you will still be tapering the Ativan (and subjected to withdrawal effects). Just with the assistance of another benzo. I personally could not switch over successfully and went back on Ativan. However, you may have an easier time than I did. So don't let me discourage you. I know a lot of ppl say switching to a longer acting benzo is worth it. And it's not something I've ruled out trying again either.

Also, super awesome job getting down from 2.5mg a day! You've made some great progress.

Crossing over to Valium could be a good idea, as you know it has a longer half life so it might be better for you, whatever you do I hope you feel better real soon!

Yes, I did. For me the solution was to do daily microtaper, once in this MT process, if feeling badly I decreased the quantity I was cutting per day.

Congratulations for your taper! It does look very good.