Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Worse after eating ?

[re...]

I notice my symptoms rev after eating????

Anyone else?

Benzo gonna take enjoying eating away too???

Yep I do have this as well

Extremely frustrating

Yeah, with me some times slight nausea starts to set in especially near the end of the meal. One time I also felt like I was being smothered or closed in feeling when I started a meal and had to open all the windows (not sure what all that was about). This is one month after no Ativan, whereas during withdrawal taper the nausea was unreal when trying to eat; so I am very grateful it is only very slight now and only on infrequent occasion.

That was definitely a problem for me.

One thing I discovered that helped was to avoid all foods that have MSG in them.  That definitely sent my symptoms into overdrive.  If you eat a restaurants and eat any kind of meat you'll find they they are frequently prepared with some sort of soy sauce based marinade which is full of MSG.  Any time I eat chicken or fish I always request any marinade be left off.  Aside from that, MSG is used extensively in any sort of prepared food you buy at the store.  It goes under many different names on the label aside from MSG - do a google search to find out (maybe google "MSG food label" or something like that).

Also, anything with much sugar in it was an issue, but that eventually got better. 

Once I started avoiding MSG it was like night and day in how my symptoms were affected when eating.