Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Distorted vision

[Ia...]

With all the DP/DR and such it is not enough my vision is seeing things are starting to distort tings a bit, lines and shapes moving and morphing a bit.  Have you experienced this?

Yes I have daily for the past 5 months or more.

From what I know it is a w/d symptom. The worry about it makes it worse for me on bad days.

-Nathan

Yes I have daily for the past 5 months or more.

From what I know it is a w/d symptom. The worry about it makes it worse for me on bad days.

-Nathan

Yeah the anxiety of it makes it way worse....I noticed today.

This is there for me too. It's awful, and definitely goes with the dr for me. It all sort of blends together to make everything around me (especially outside) seem just not right. I think it's often worse when it's bright out.

I've seen stars, flashing lights, and streaks of light in my vision. I've also seen stationary things look like their moving. I am aware that it's a distortion when I see this, so it doesn't bother me too much. I just think of it as my eyes are healing.

If you think of all the systems that the brain is in charge of running, it makes sense that our eyes would be temporarily affected. It speaks of visual disturbances in the Ashton manual. Have you read any of it? I found it very interesting.

Im going speak on my own expierence. I feel like im hallucinating all the time. My vision was so bad in the begining that i literalky couldnt see anything. I still cant see very well as if my pheripheral vision is gone! I cold turkeyed and had a very damaged cns before it so i think my case is extreme. When i cold turkeyed my eyes were fully dialted for over 2 months. I go to really top quality spot for neurology and their thing is eyes and how tgey represent the brain function. My eyes were bad like really bad. Ive made improvenents but my vision has been super messed up. ive been disabled and bedridden for 9 months now and dont see 😉It getting better any time soon!

I'm with you and our buddies on the vision thing too.  When I got down to 2mg Valium, the vision stuff started such as migraine with aura, flashing lights, spots/dots, foggy spots, etc.  This might be weird, but I THINK it may have to do with unconscious anxiety and brain healing.  For me, when the visual situation starts to scare me too much, I do some deep breathing and my vision usually clears (temporarily).  I think we are all in a healing process but trying not to get concerned is difficult, isn't it?  Let's just all hang on!  Take care.