Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Chest pain? Er worthy?

[Re...]

I started having left sided  chest pain yesterday and it has lasted through to today. It started during a bad wave. Now every couple mins I get this squeezing stabbing pain in the left side of my chest. Where I believe my heart is located.  It happens no matter what I am doing like laying down, sitting walking. I do notice that some stress or pyshsical movements make it happen as well.

I don't have insurance so going to the er is going to cost a fortune . Do you think I should bite the bullet and go in or is it withdrawel related.  I also been have some real malaise going on ...

Thanks

Remy

In a heart attack it is the right side that goes numb and has pain, I don't know I'm not a doctor I would hate to tell you not too and then you die and I never know about it. I think you have to decide if it is serious enough or not.

Sorry Davis , but it is the left side.

I have similar pains. I had a full work out by my cardiologist and got told that my heart was healthy, so I think that it may just be the weird withdrawal nerve pain. You won't really know until you get it checked out. Medical care in this country is a bitch, and a crap system. Does you State offer any help with ins, coverage ?.

Well, I had a lot of those types of pains and during the worst of my taper and I always thought, "screw it, if my heart explodes than at least I don't have to deal with this withdrawal any longer.."  that's how despondent I became..

When I first started my taper I had an EKG done, and my doctor said my heart was fine, so I figured everything else had to be because of the clonazepam. 

the ER will cost loads of money and they probably won't do shit for you except offer a benzo.  But, like Davis said, you gotta do what you gotta do.. we're not doctors.. keep us posted! - Eric

Well, I had a lot of those types of pains and during the worst of my taper and I always thought, "screw it, if my heart explodes than at least I don't have to deal with this withdrawal any longer.."  that's how despondent I became..

When I first started my taper I had an EKG done, and my doctor said my heart was fine, so I figured everything else had to be because of the clonazepam. 

the ER will cost loads of money and they probably won't do shit for you except offer a benzo.  But, like Davis said, you gotta do what you gotta do.. we're not doctors.. keep us posted! - Eric

Yeah I don't really want to deal with the er situation. Last time I went in my first month off they did a ekg and blood work and said my heart was fine. Maybe it's still good that wasn't to long ago?

That was actually my thought process last night too Eric cause I went to bed with it hurting and I thought well if I die at least this will finally be over.

Hey Remy,

Funny, but sad that you had the same thought processes about this.. I didn't sleep a wink last night and am really struggling at work today.. I feel like complete shit, but I work at an elementary school and i have to try and be positive! 

I think if you had your heart looked at recently, then it will be the same as it was then.  I truly can't wait till we're 100% better and this is all a memory.  Somebody recently said they were a viet nam combat veteran, and benzo w/d was way worse than that!  same with cancer survivors.. unbelievable!

Hang tough! and keep up the good work!

Eric

Hey Remy,

Funny, but sad that you had the same thought processes about this.. I didn't sleep a wink last night and am really struggling at work today.. I feel like complete shit, but I work at an elementary school and i have to try and be positive! 

I think if you had your heart looked at recently, then it will be the same as it was then.  I truly can't wait till we're 100% better and this is all a memory.  Somebody recently said they were a viet nam combat veteran, and benzo w/d was way worse than that!  same with cancer survivors.. unbelievable!

Eric

It is funny and sad, but I a think we all have had crazier thought processes than that during recovery . At one point I was convinced aliens were planning to come into my bedroom and abduct me and they were trying to communicate with me telepathically . That was in the beggining . Crazy stuff.

Wow where did you read that about Vietnam vets and cancer survivors? I believe it!

Wish I could go back to work would help the time pass. School sounds like a stressful place to work all those kids yelling and bieng crazy.

Yeah I don't really want to deal with the er situation. Last time I went in my first month off they did a ekg and blood work and said my heart was fine. Maybe it's still good that wasn't to long ago?

That was actually my thought process last night too Eric cause I went to bed with it hurting and I thought well if I die at least this will finally be over.

Re my.... I have this too ....sometimes with shortness of breath.... I have tightness pulling sensations heaviness on my left side.... Its severe....... I pointed the pain out and my brother said that it was my pectoral muscle that im feeling....The heart is more in the middle and a little to the left....

I don't know... Its horrible......

Cancer patient here. And yep, there are times I wish the disease would come back so that this benzo horror show could be over. I could finally just be done.

Pretty depressing thing to say, but it's the absolute truth. Benzos suck the big Fred.

Cancer patient here. And yep, there are times I wish the disease would come back so that this benzo horror show could be over. I could finally just be done.

Pretty depressing thing to say, but it's the absolute truth. Benzos suck the big Fred.

Wow that is very interesting to hear from the source. So I am not bieng a baby when things get bad. This gives me some perspective I really appreciate you sharing this solitude seeker. If only I could get my family to understand how bad it is.

I hear that Remy. My family doesn't get it either. Benzo withdrawal in many ways is worse than chemo. Tell your folks I said so!

I am gonna tell them I am sure it will go right in one ear and out the other. Not getting support from people that are supposed to be there for us is very difficult to deal with. Everyone in my family tells me it's just my " anxiety" I feel like going into a rage Everytime I hear that.

Definitely go to the hospital if you have those kind of pains, don't mess around with it. If they clear you, then put it down to the benzos.

But if you don't want to go to hospital - at the very least get cleared by your GP asap.

Wow, so many of us going through the same crazy thought processes. I totally get it. Sometimes it is all so overwhelming and we just want to be 'Done'. Plagued as we are with so many weird aches and pains, who could blame us.

A lot of chest pain is what is known in the trade as non-specific, which is medical speak for 'We don't know what the hell is going on, but you paid all this money to come to the E.R. and we have to put something down on your silly paperwork'. I used to work E.R. back in the day and I know this.

Very likely the pain does come from a muscle, or it could be stomach related. Our bodies are a mass of nerves at the best of times, and benzo withdrawal is far from being the best of times.

Hey Remy,

Eric

It is funny and sad, but I a think we all have had crazier thought processes than that during recovery . At one point I was convinced aliens were planning to come into my bedroom and abduct me and they were trying to communicate with me telepathically . That was in the beggining . Crazy stuff.

Wow where did you read that about Vietnam vets and cancer survivors? I believe it!

Wish I could go back to work would help the time pass. School sounds like a stressful place to work all those kids yelling and bieng crazy.

Hey Remy,

I have to laugh about the alien paranoia!  Now that it is in the past, it's too funny!!!  I can only say that because I went through a similar thing with Ghosts in the beginning of my taper..  You're the only other person that's mentioned something like this! : )

In August of 2015, I cut down from 3.5mg of clonazepam to 1.0 mg, and that's when I started to lose it.. I already have a predisposition to believing in ghosts, and I was binge watching this show called, "My Haunted House".. I probably had a muscle spasm on my arm and I thought I was "bit" by something metaphysical.. So I started to believe I had "channeled ghosts" into my house through the TV and that my house was now seriously haunted.  I thought some antiques I had in the house were possessing evil energy so I threw them away, out into the alley behind my house..  I started really saging my house and saying prayers, etc..

All in all that episode lasted about 10 days until I convinced myself my house was no longer haunted..

* As far as hearing about the Viet Nam vet, I read it here on benzo buddies a few weeks back - also there was a thread where a lot of people who'd had bad diseases said that benzo w/d was much worse..

* Sorry your family doesn't support the notion of benzo w/d.. I can understand how it pisses you off when they say, "oh, that's just your normal anxiety."  My brother and Mother (who live far away) don't consider this a real issue either, and my live in gf, doesn't want to hear about it anymore, and thinks I'm fine, but I am just a hypochondriac (and lazy) or overly concerned with how I feel from day to day.  It is stifling..

Eric