Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

HELP. LORAZEPAM TO VALIUM

[Da...]

I'm at .375 lorazepam at night, 1.5 ml valium in the morning.  Now six months in.  Bad tolerance/withdrawal symptoms.

My doctor wants to cross me over to valium from the lorazepam, but at gross dry cut amounts: 3/4, 1/2 and 1/4.

This sounds like a disaster to me.  Is it?

How have others done the cross over?

Please  respond.

It took me a long time to cross over from lorazepam to valium, and I can't tell you exactly what amounts I did it in, but I think I followed Ashton's method. I didn't cross all the way over because the sx were so bad. The major problem was that lorazepam kicks in quickly, while valium takes 4-6 weeks, so you have a lag if you change the two meds at the same time. I think I finally started taking the valium without cutting lorazepam, then gradually cut the lorazepam.  But it was all very hard and terrible. This was about 18 months. ago. My valium equivalent then was about 22 mg. Now I'm at 3.4 mg. and I've had terrible the symptoms the entire time - physical, mental and emotional. I hope you do better! I know 3.4 mg. sounds good, but I still have about a year to go, as I've had to slow my taper and I'm barely functional. I cut the last bit of lorazepam in February of this year, and it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Good luck,

MirandaJane

[3c...]
I crossed from Lorazepam to Valium over the course of 10 days with no problems. I dissolved both so I could do a smooth crossover schedule, e.g. 1mgL/0mgV, .9mgL/1mgV, .8mgL/2mgV, ..., 0mgL/10mgV. That was almost a year ago. I'm almost done with my Valium taper now, yay!