Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Wheat withdrawal or hypoglycemia?

[KD...]

Anyone here that had problems coming of off wheat, leading to symptoms of high and low blood sugar? I got extremely sensitive to wheat. I have to get off. I eat only 2 slices of bread. When I reduce that to 1.5 slices I get symptoms of hypoglycemia within an hour. Even if I eat something else (maybe less calories though). When going back to eating the 2 slices, the body needs days to get a normal blood sugar metabolism again. Strange thing is, my body shows no sign of extreme blood sugar values. But my body experiences it like this.

Is there anyone who had this but was able to come of the wheat/gluten? I am at loss here. Feels like a catch 22 as eating wheat gives me severe itching, rage and crying spells.

I have not had this but wanted to encourage you. I was able to go off of gluten by replacing it. Have you tried any alternatives? I started with eating a cup of cooked brown rice. I dont know if that will help but maybe finding a substitute so your body doesnt feel like it is missing something.  Hope you feel better

It's called gluten sensitivity, and when you stop ingesting it you may develop withdrawal symptoms.

I quit gluten a few months ago and the first month some symptoms increased like more brain fog, more joint pain, more eczema etc. After a month or so these symptoms lessened and now i have much lower inflammation overall.

I'm very happy to finally be gluten and grain-free!