Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Almost half way.

[cr...]

I'm almost down to 1mg from 2mg of lorazepam. I'm pleased that I made it this far, but I know I have a long road ahead before I can say I was successful.

I'm just wondering about what will happen once I do get off this drug? Will my brain eventually return to normal? How quickly do you think I'll be back to normal? It looks like I'll finish my taper in about 4 months if I decide to go slow. That would mean I spent a whole year under the influence of a benzo. And considering lorazepam is short acting I've been informed that post acute withdrawal may be a bit worse than a withdrawal from a longer acting benzo.

Also, do you think the second half of my taper will be easier? If I'm on a lower dose I suspect I'll be less likely to experience the crazy up and down I experienced at the beginning of my taper.

And this may be a bit premature... but at what MG should I jump? .25? .15? .05? I want to make sure I finish the taper safely.