Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Toxic Reactions - RESCUE DOSES and ALCOHOL ???

[lo...]

I don't believe in "toxic" reactions.  The glutamate is a known toxin for sure. Benzo are not toxic BUT they do 'harvest' Glutamate which is toxic.

A long time ago a buddy said to me in an email LOOK just take the BUMP test. 

I took a fast acting benzo like xanax or ativan and took one.  If one get's worse it's toxic, if one feels better then it's not toxic.  I took the pill excepting HELL but everything got so much better.  There's the proof.  This told me that I got "LOST" in my taper. At some point I lost my frame of reference of HOW bad I really felt since I had felt so bad for so long. I just flat out got lost in the pain and end up too low.  99% of the people I know here had similar results with the BUMP test. Will not work with valium too weak.

I also thought the bump would mess me up but I readjusted my dose and just keep tapering no problem.

Builder is right agree 110% :thumbsup:

Good luck Rob  :smitten:

So I was trying to find an answer to a question I had and this is the PERFECT POST.

Would the same go for alcohol? When I drink, I feel amazing, close to perfect after only a few. Would this be the same essentially as taking a Xanax for this 'bump test' ??

Of course after I feel much worse, so I do indeed think my problem is a taper gone haywire, especially considering I've made a bunch of 5-10% cuts and then two 15% cuts or so, all within a week or two of each other.

I think you've answered your own question by saying that after the alcohol wears off you'd feel bad. I can't imagine it's worthy of a bump test. It's not a benzo! B