Important Survey - Please Participate ×

K-Pin taper from 4mg's-thoughts?

[ta...]

So I started my taper with my doctor on the 12th. I'm taking 1mg 4 times daily of K-Pin. We started with cutting 25% off the first morning dose ( 1 MG ) every other day. I know most only cut 5-10% every 7-14 day's, but I don't see the doctor till the 14th, so I kind of feel the time in between makes up for such a high cut.

If  anyone would could shed some light on this subject, I'd appreciate it. I think fear is getting the best of me, but I'd like to hear other opinions in case things get to much to handle down the road. I also don't want to switch to another benzo to kick this one, as I just got off Xanax's a few months ago while taking K-Pin ( It was added after my tolerance hit a wall ) daily. It also seems the half life is long, so I might have less of a hard time with withdraw in between cutting doses.

Thanks!

Hi Tapedeckhero,

You have been cutting 0.25 mg every other day? I think this is too fast. If I were in your shoes (I have been actually), I would hold for at least 3 weeks and then 5-10% every two weeks. Once you reach 0.5, either titration or solid microtaper is a good idea.

Clona

Hi Tapedeckhero,

You have been cutting 0.25 mg every other day? I think this is too fast. If I were in your shoes (I have been actually), I would hold for at least 3 weeks and then 5-10% every two weeks. Once you reach 0.5, either titration or solid microtaper is a good idea.

Clona

Hi Clona21

Yes, My doctor is having me take 25% or .25 off my first dose out of 4 every other day for about 5 weeks. I mentioned 5-10% and a few things off here, but I was greeted with the classic " I'm a doctor, not opinions on Web MD. " type attitude. At this rate, it would take about  64 weeks to taper off the 4MG's of K-pin. I haven't heard many good stories in my neck of the woods with doctors and taper plans, so 64 weeks sounds like a much better option, rather than 8-10 day's and a kick out the door. I deffenetly want to slow down, but more importantly, I would like a backup plan in case this get's to be way too much. You mentioned two types of tapers, so I

ll re-read about them. I'm having issues with math, so making taper plans can be a frusterating/scary thing since I read one wrong dose and you can really lose it so to speak.

Thanks for the help  :)

Hi Tapedeckhero,

We can help you with the math, you are right, a constant percentage is much slower than liquid or solid microtaper, percentages are not convenient at doses lower than 0.5 mg. Even by cutting 25%, we will always have 70% left and at the end we need to cut by 100% anyways  :D I think like this, at doses higher than 1 mg K, better to do percentages, once down to 1 or 0.5 mg, cutting off a constant amount is quicker and more kinetically stable.

All the best.