Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

K-Pin taper from 4mg's-thoughts?

[ta...]

So I started my taper with my doctor on the 12th. I'm taking 1mg 4 times daily of K-Pin. We started with cutting 25% off the first morning dose ( 1 MG ) every other day. I know most only cut 5-10% every 7-14 day's, but I don't see the doctor till the 14th, so I kind of feel the time in between makes up for such a high cut.

If  anyone would could shed some light on this subject, I'd appreciate it. I think fear is getting the best of me, but I'd like to hear other opinions in case things get to much to handle down the road. I also don't want to switch to another benzo to kick this one, as I just got off Xanax's a few months ago while taking K-Pin ( It was added after my tolerance hit a wall ) daily. It also seems the half life is long, so I might have less of a hard time with withdraw in between cutting doses.

Thanks!

Hi Tapedeckhero,

You have been cutting 0.25 mg every other day? I think this is too fast. If I were in your shoes (I have been actually), I would hold for at least 3 weeks and then 5-10% every two weeks. Once you reach 0.5, either titration or solid microtaper is a good idea.

Clona

Hi Tapedeckhero,

You have been cutting 0.25 mg every other day? I think this is too fast. If I were in your shoes (I have been actually), I would hold for at least 3 weeks and then 5-10% every two weeks. Once you reach 0.5, either titration or solid microtaper is a good idea.

Clona

Hi Clona21

Yes, My doctor is having me take 25% or .25 off my first dose out of 4 every other day for about 5 weeks. I mentioned 5-10% and a few things off here, but I was greeted with the classic " I'm a doctor, not opinions on Web MD. " type attitude. At this rate, it would take about  64 weeks to taper off the 4MG's of K-pin. I haven't heard many good stories in my neck of the woods with doctors and taper plans, so 64 weeks sounds like a much better option, rather than 8-10 day's and a kick out the door. I deffenetly want to slow down, but more importantly, I would like a backup plan in case this get's to be way too much. You mentioned two types of tapers, so I

ll re-read about them. I'm having issues with math, so making taper plans can be a frusterating/scary thing since I read one wrong dose and you can really lose it so to speak.

Thanks for the help  :)

Hi Tapedeckhero,

We can help you with the math, you are right, a constant percentage is much slower than liquid or solid microtaper, percentages are not convenient at doses lower than 0.5 mg. Even by cutting 25%, we will always have 70% left and at the end we need to cut by 100% anyways  :D I think like this, at doses higher than 1 mg K, better to do percentages, once down to 1 or 0.5 mg, cutting off a constant amount is quicker and more kinetically stable.

All the best.