Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

7 month update

[bl...]

I'm 7 months out (213 days or 5112 hours) from my jump and have a pretty good handle on things. Improvements trickle in now, which I guess was to be expected. Once I hit 6 months, I knew the next landmark wouldn't occur until 12 months. That said, I have a handle on things. I get stuff done, be they chores, errands, or simply taking time out of my day to hit the reset button. My relationship is stable and I've cleared a couple of health-related hurdles that have recently come my way.

Things aren't ideal. I still struggle at times with dp/dr, especially derealization, and sleep can still be a challenge, but these issues are sporadic and diminishing as the weeks wear on. I'm down to 0.6mg of Remeron, which is a miniscule dose. It largely doesn't affect me, at least not to the extent that it used to, but I'll be happy to finally be rid of it all. 

This has been the longest year of my life, but it's almost over. I hope that by the time 2017 rolls around, I'll be able to move the progress meter into the 90% range but for the time being, I'm staying in the high 80s. Maybe that's a little generous but a lot of my current issues can't be pinned on benzos anymore, and the benzo-issues I do have are still noticeable enough to keep me on my toes. There's nothing else to do other than continue moving forward, always forward.

awesome news blandthrax. I would say not to set yourself up to say that the next landmark will be 12 months because you never know as it might be around the corner. Each new day is a glorious landmark as one step forward is one step further from when you started. Good luck on your rameron taper as that is also my next endeavor. 2017 will be a great new year for both all of us!

I'm thrilled to see you improving. It'll just get better and better, minus upticks and possible plateaus, don't you worry. I only came on because I need someone'a phone number. Your post was the first thing I saw and it stuck out because of your username. I don't even come on anymore. You'll get there!

Keep trucking and God bless.

good to hear from you Blandthrax!! You are making it one day at a time.....maybe healing will be sooner than 12 months- but like you I am trying not to pin my hopes on a certain date and then be disappointed. If your healing comes sooner than 12 months then it will be a wonderful surprise!! A lot of this benzo journey is  learning to manage our expectations. Hang in there and I will too!

You are amazing blandtrax :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you, some days it's hard to feel like it. Some days I feel like I'm right back in acute. I have to remember that this is healing, that once my brain makes the necessary repairs, I will feel better. The one thing however, that I've noticed about myself is how much easier it is for me to stay positive. It's quite a change from who I was just six months ago. Even on my bad days, of which this week there have been quite a few, I know I'm going to be just fine. I used to dwell and believe I was doomed and that I would never feel better, but now I feel like I'm heading towards some great rebirth and I'll soon find myself in an amazing place.