Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

changes in vision

[er...]

Has anyone had vision changes? When I was driving up to the post office this morning my eyesight was somewhat blurry and I had some double vision. :o

Has anyone had vision changes? When I was driving up to the post office this morning my eyesight was somewhat blurry and I had some double vision. :o

Yes, this is very common.  I had many eye issues, some of which were very wierd - minor hallucinations, moving scenery, morphing of objects/people, and those are just a few.  Don't worry, if all you have is blurriness you're lucky, IMO.  It's all temporary, and will go away in time.

:smitten:

Sensory problems like you describe are fairly common. I had blurry vision for the majority of my first five months.  Eventually it cleared up.

Yes to the blurring and I get little bright comets zinging by too. And when I flip through the pages of a book each page has what looks like a white shadow following it.

The tinnitus has let up yesterday and today. Mostly a tingling sound in my left ear now. This happens and then it comes roaring back worse than before. If it's tolerable at night I'm terrified to go to sleep worrying what's waiting for me when I wake up. I have one panic attack after another. I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. The worst part is that there's nothing anyone can do. They can give you something for pain, well, not my primary care doctor. I know I keep harping about the tinnitus... it's just I have never experienced anything so horrific in my life as this last year and I'm 65 1/2 and I have been through some shit! People get sick of hearing about it.

I get told that if I feel like I need help to go to the hospital. I tried that once and that's when I got put on the 12 day taper. They said, sorry, we can't help you with your tinnitus but we'll get you off Klonopin. Which, as you know is the worst thing you can do to someone with a tinnitus problem. I didn't get off of it. I just went from 6MGs daily down to 3MGs. And once my tinnitus started up dosing doesn't do a thing. And I started on Xanax to help with the tinnitus. As I look back, the ringing seemed to get louder as the dosage was increased.

I did this because I wanted to feel better.

It just did it again. I woke up about 4:15AM and everything was quiet. Dozed back off and woke up about 5:00AM. Was just laying there and BAM! I get hit with this loud searing hiss in my right ear.