Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

1 MG Valium - Is it possible to Stabilize?

[be...]

I'm down to 1 MG of Valium in my taper plan and my withdrawals are kicking in again. I was only on 5 MG of Valium to begin with as part of my partial crossover during my Xanax taper.  Since finishing the Xanax I've been doing pretty well with the Valium taper.  Now, I'm wondering if it is possible to stabilize on such a low amount of Valium or should I just keep going with my cuts now through the end of this taper?  Some say that is such a small amount of Valium it's not doing much for me anyway, but since the withdrawals are making an appearance again I'm asking because I don't know if I will stabilize at this point, or if I'm really entering more of the acute withdrawals that come at the end after I'm done with the Valium since my body is almost rid of the Valium completely now.  Thoughts? 

Please be aware that most folks do not experience "... the acute withdrawals that come at the end" and in view of your low dose, you really are NOT likely to suffer any residual WD.

If your sxs are currently ramping up, I would hold for a few days until the level off, then finish the taper.

I'm down to 1 MG of Valium in my taper plan and my withdrawals are kicking in again. I was only on 5 MG of Valium to begin with as part of my partial crossover during my Xanax taper.  Since finishing the Xanax I've been doing pretty well with the Valium taper.  Now, I'm wondering if it is possible to stabilize on such a low amount of Valium or should I just keep going with my cuts now through the end of this taper?  Some say that is such a small amount of Valium it's not doing much for me anyway, but since the withdrawals are making an appearance again I'm asking because I don't know if I will stabilize at this point, or if I'm really entering more of the acute withdrawals that come at the end after I'm done with the Valium since my body is almost rid of the Valium completely now.  Thoughts?

From your signature, you are cutting Valium every 4-6 days. I think that's a bit too fast considering Valium has a half-life of up to 8 days. The cuts are catching up with you. I agree with builder about holding a few more days to stabilize, then resume cutting at a slower rate, I'd say at least a week, maybe closer to two weeks.

Thanks all for the advice.  I was thinking I should probably hold at the 1 MG for a while since they symptoms are probably catching up with me. I will do that and see how it goes. 

Your taper does look a bit fast. The recommended reduction rate is 5 to 10 percent every two weeks. Although I personally did not taper I hear that the end of a taper can be the most difficult. However, I think if you "hold" that you may stabilize.  I personally would slow down the taper and at least make several more cuts until you "jump". One goal of taper is to minimize  symptoms. Your taper will hopefully pay off with a mild acute period once you are done. :smitten:

I'd hold till I felt a bit better, cut to .5 mg then be done. You may have some after effects but many don't. It's up to you but contrary to common belief I don't think .5 mg even resonates in our bodies but that's just me. I'd rather be done and deal with any residual effects if and when they occur. Best of luck. B

benzo barb, that's what I was thinking, the smaller amounts don't do much in our bodies; but, as has been pointed out, I've been going fairly quickly and some of the other cuts are probably catching up with me at this point.  I am going to hold at 1 MG for a bit and then proceed with another .5 MG cut. 

I'm just so frustrated because I haven't felt this bad since I was going through my really bad stages of Xanax withdrawal (and actually this probably isn't as bad as it was back then, it's just I forgot all about the withdrawals because I was doing so well for so long). And of course, all of this plays mind games on us, I'm back to wondering, is this really withdrawal symptoms? Or maybe this time I really am having a heart attack with these heart palpitations that are almost constant and some chest pain, headache, hot flushing, etc.  I keep telling myself that logically, this is how I felt when I was going through the bad stages of my Xanax withdrawal, so most likely that is what it is. But you know how those thoughts can creep into your brain wondering if it could be something else "this time".  I guess I just have to keep telling myself, I've been here before and it passed, just gotta keep the faith that this will pass too.  But I am going in to see my doctor on Friday morning, just to talk to her about it and make sure she agrees with me that it's probably just the withdrawals again.  Ugh!  I can't wait for this all to be over; I'm so close now and can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just want to reach it!

I think actually you're doing great and yeah those sxs are worrisome at times not to mention uncomfortable. But keep that tunnel light shining. So......close!  :smitten::thumbsup: B

I am with you

At 1mg

And frel acute

Can barely walk alternating w intense chest pain and Akathesia

I also started at 5

I am scared and considering going into hospital bc of heart palps constantly

Jackson, I did go to the hospital before for my heart palps and they ran tests (EKG, Blood work, and some other tests) and assured me that it is not a heart attack , it is my withdrawals and that it is not going to kill me if my heart is having these fast beats for now.  They do eventually go away again when one stabilizes.  And they do, I've been here before.  But, if it would make you feel better you could go in and get a work up; I know it reassures me a great deal when they run tests and tell me that there is nothing wrong with my heart.  It is so scary though to go through this! 

I feel so weak do you?

Today I got up and took the garbage out and tried to clean up

Heart palping Like a fish.

Chest pain is the worst for me_ all this burning in my nerves across the chest and terror/Akathesia

Trying not to take neurontin even though it helped a bit I don't want more drugs but I feel completely frail after just two weeks of this.

Like burning in terror and sick to stomach at 1mg

Holding now day 10 will hold for six more weeks unless I keep getting worse. Then I need plan b

Jackson, I too feel weak.  So tired all the time.  Went to my doctor today and she listened to my heart, took my pulse and determined based on all my medical history that this is withdrawals and not a heart condition.  She wants me to bump back up to the last point I was last stabilized at, 1.5 MG.  I'm not thrilled about doing that, but she's been pretty spot on with her recommendations for me throughout this whole process so I guess I will do it.  She then wants me to hold for a month at that level.  Not sure if I will hold that long if I start feeling better I may try to make a cut again.  I know this takes time, but I was really hoping to be done with all benzos by the end of this year.  Ugh! 

Yes I am not going to updose

I am frying on the inside due to cold turkey

All my insides

I know people have cold turkeys then tapered kindled and did ok but I am SO scared

No one understands w my small usage what the hell is going on which makes me scared it's something else

I left the house today and got my car washed. I Just want my body mind back desperately

Have to be in today

Worried about the shock of last week my Cns keeps going into shock

Anyone usnerstand why?

I would keep holding

You are going quite fast

Jackson1, yes, I think I'm going to just try and keep holding at 1 MG instead of bumping up as my doc suggested.  I know her intentions are good, but I really don't want to have to updose if I can tough this out.  I think I may just hold for a much longer period of time than I usually do.  I just got a new Magnesium supplement that I ordered in the mail today and I took one capsule this afternoon and it really helped to calm down my racing heart.  It made me so relaxed I think I could have gone to sleep this afternoon.  I'm hoping it has the same affect at bedtime since I have a problem with insomnia as well. 

I am at 1mg valum and getting so so bad not functional

Pls help

I took a balm neurontin

If I didn't I wouldn't make it

Sormtgibg is happening in my nervous system and its powerful

Pulling burning terror pain Akathesia

I feel like I will end up in hospital

Should I take neurontin 3 times daily and just keep tapering

I am scaredo

I tried neurontin 3 times a day, but my body didn't like it very much, it actually ended up increasing my withdrawals!  But that's just me, apparently my system is super sensitive to everything!  A lot of people have had good experience with it helping them through their tapers.  Good Luck!  If you feel super bad, I wouldn't be afraid to go to the ER if I were you.  I went 2 times during my taper, plus a million trips to my doctor's office this past year!  Needless to say, I think I'm her favorite patient!  LOL!  Hang in there! 

Jackson1, not immediately.  When I was on the starting dose (I can't remember what it was) I did okay.  But it's a prescription that you are supposed to gradually increase up in dose to get to your stable level and after about a week, my doctor updosed to get to the next level and literally within one day I was feeling horrible.  So I stopped 2 days later, it wasn't worth it to me. 

It seemed like all my Xanax withdrawal symptoms returned at once!  I felt sick like I had the flu, headaches, body aches, nausea, heart palpitations, burning sensations, it was really all my withdrawals that came back.  Plus dizziness and lightheaded, which is not a normal withdrawal symptom for me, I don't usually get that.  So clearly, my body just didn't like that prescription.  Everyone is different though and it may really help you.