Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Will titration work if taking Diaz ev other day...and if not...

[ro...]

I never took Diaz daily, never more than 2.5 mg, an "as needed" user of 30 years with days between use sometimes until tolerance hit this summer. I am getting ready to try liquid titration, but am taking about 2mg diazepam EVERY OTHER day. I get some w/d symptoms but not as extreme as I was, anxiety that I can deep breath away, heart palp, hallucinations at night, anxiety at going anywhere.

I am tempted to stay with every other day when titrating down but concerned that the w/d symptoms might be to strong on the off day. Need help figuring out how much to take each day if I'm taking 2 mg every other day now. I hate the idea of increasing the amount I take, but if I have to to make transition, what would be good?

Or should I just stick with every other day?

Thanks.

Although alternate day dosing can work with diazepam because of its long half-life, daily dosing will give more level blood concentrations.

Why not start by dosing 1mg every day and see how that goes.

I will consider that, builder. I am just stabilizing over past couple days, so will be adjusting again in a week. Would like to get to church Sunday (agoraphobia) and out to vote Tuesday. It sounds like it may cause w/d symptoms...will have to see. Thank you!