Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Will titration work if taking Diaz ev other day...and if not...

[ro...]

I never took Diaz daily, never more than 2.5 mg, an "as needed" user of 30 years with days between use sometimes until tolerance hit this summer. I am getting ready to try liquid titration, but am taking about 2mg diazepam EVERY OTHER day. I get some w/d symptoms but not as extreme as I was, anxiety that I can deep breath away, heart palp, hallucinations at night, anxiety at going anywhere.

I am tempted to stay with every other day when titrating down but concerned that the w/d symptoms might be to strong on the off day. Need help figuring out how much to take each day if I'm taking 2 mg every other day now. I hate the idea of increasing the amount I take, but if I have to to make transition, what would be good?

Or should I just stick with every other day?

Thanks.

Although alternate day dosing can work with diazepam because of its long half-life, daily dosing will give more level blood concentrations.

Why not start by dosing 1mg every day and see how that goes.

I will consider that, builder. I am just stabilizing over past couple days, so will be adjusting again in a week. Would like to get to church Sunday (agoraphobia) and out to vote Tuesday. It sounds like it may cause w/d symptoms...will have to see. Thank you!