Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Cold Turkey while kindled

[Ja...]

Hello,just wondering if going ct after being kindled from past withdrawal attempts makes a ct withdrawal worse than it otherwise would be?

Hello,just wondering if going ct after being kindled from past withdrawal attempts makes a ct withdrawal worse than it otherwise would be?

Multiple withdrawals are ill advised because of the risk of "kindling". "Kindling" is when each subsequent withdrawal is worse than the previous one and sometime much worse.  Symptoms as a result of "kindling" can be severe and or prolonged. Does everyone kindle? No, but once you have each withdrawal you put yourself through is likely to be more difficult.  I did three cold turkey detoxes and I kindled horribly.

Multiple withdrawals are ill advised because of the risk of "kindling". "Kindling" is when each subsequent withdrawal is worse than the previous one and sometime much worse.  Symptoms as a result of "kindling" can be severe and or prolonged. Does everyone kindle? No, but once you have each withdrawal you put yourself through is likely to be more difficult.  I did three cold turkey detoxes and I kindled horribly. I hope you are not thinking of stopping 30 mg CT.

Don't know if I'm kindled or it's just tolerance withdrawal. I did do a year in the gym where I was working out really intensely, lifting heavy weights, high intensity cardio, and at times I would have to run to the locker room where I kept my valium in a locker because the exercise would induce a panic attack. I quit going to the gym a couple of weeks ago but I think all that exercise blew my CNS up, and it still hasn't recovered. Yes I was thinking about quitting cold turkey, but then I have the fear of making things much worse and never recovering. Actually the one fear that has kept me from really seriously trying to quit is the fear of making things worse and never being able to fix it again, however I figure if I make the first cut and then I recover from the first cut then that is proof that after I jump I will fully recover.

The last time I tried to quit I was still going to that gym and I cut way too fast, so I was doomed to fail from the beginning. My biggest obstacle is I have certain personal phobias that I'm unwilling to disclose to the public, but that I have to face on a daily basis. Of course the drugs are now making those phobias worse, if I could just get off of the Valium I know I could handle all my anxiety. There was a time I needed it but not anymore.

Sorry I have no idea what "Bump" means in a forum post.

Don't know if I'm kindled or it's just tolerance withdrawal. I did do a year in the gym where I was working out really intensely, lifting heavy weights, high intensity cardio, and at times I would have to run to the locker room where I kept my valium in a locker because the exercise would induce a panic attack. I quit going to the gym a couple of weeks ago but I think all that exercise blew my CNS up, and it still hasn't recovered. Yes I was thinking about quitting cold turkey, but then I have the fear of making things much worse and never recovering. Actually the one fear that has kept me from really seriously trying to quit is the fear of making things worse and never being able to fix it again, however I figure if I make the first cut and then I recover from the first cut then that is proof that after I jump I will fully recover.

The last time I tried to quit I was still going to that gym and I cut way too fast, so I was doomed to fail from the beginning. My biggest obstacle is I have certain personal phobias that I'm unwilling to disclose to the public, but that I have to face on a daily basis. Of course the drugs are now making those phobias worse, if I could just get off of the Valium I know I could handle all my anxiety. There was a time I needed it but not anymore.

Sorry I have no idea what "Bump" means in a forum post.

Hi Jason....when I responded with "Bump" it just means someone responded and brings your thread up to the beginning of the page again and is tagged as "new" ...

I forgot what your signature said but I too am kindled reinstating after 10 months out.....

How do you know if you are kindled or not?

I think its understood to be kindled when you've been off of benzos for awhile and then reinstated and then it becomes harder the second go around to reduce....

I think if your finding it harder that could be a sign but I think many other variables can contribute to this too... I don't know....

I've seen some people do this and not have a problem... I question it.... That its not the case for all... But again I don't know.... I hope someone else answers.... I would like more clarity on this too...

i think kindling increases your tolerance. so lets say first taper is fairly easy, maybe a hard jump, second taper you might feel at 0.5mg clonazepam as prior jumping in terms if s/x...but still  left with the drug.

How do you know if you are kindled or not?

If your kindled, reinstating will not help.

There are some people on here who have and seem to be doing better in their tapers than other people without this issue.......Its probably definitely not the norm but I've seen it....they are functional and everything..... Its so strange ...