Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Trouble swallowing - dysphagia

[Do...]

So new withdrawal symptom - had it the only day only for about an hour.  Today it has been over 8 hours (although starting to subside and I can keep down some fluids).  I am having a really hard time swallowing.  When it first happened the other day I thought it just "felt" that way, that my throat wasn't actually closing up, but I tried to drink water, choked, and ended up throwing up.  It only lasted for about an hour, so I didn't think much of it.  Today it has been almost nonstop.  Even when I am not trying to eat or drink, it feels like something is stuck in my throat and I'm choking.  For those of you that have had this, how long does it usually take before it stops?  Thanks!

So new withdrawal symptom - had it the only day only for about an hour.  Today it has been over 8 hours (although starting to subside and I can keep down some fluids).  I am having a really hard time swallowing.  When it first happened the other day I thought it just "felt" that way, that my throat wasn't actually closing up, but I tried to drink water, choked, and ended up throwing up.  It only lasted for about an hour, so I didn't think much of it.  Today it has been almost nonstop.  Even when I am not trying to eat or drink, it feels like something is stuck in my throat and I'm choking.  For those of you that have had this, how long does it usually take before it stops?  Thanks!

Took a few months for me when I hit the wall tapering too fast. Hang in there, it does go away.  :)--V