Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can't stop crying, so sad

[St...]

I can't believe that being on this drug for just under 4 months including taper has messed me up so bad. I am 7 days free today and I haven't slept properly in those 7 days. Is there anything I can take to help my sleep? My doctors are useless and only 1 doctor believed I was going through withdrawal who's now left. I know I need to be strong but it's so hard. Can anyone help or reassure me?

Hi Stanley,

Insomnia is the number one early w/d symptom. For me it was that and tinnitus. I'm getting a fair amount of sleep now, but I also take supplements to help me out. Right now I'm taking Valerian Root and Melatonin.

Some might say Valerian is not a good choice because it slows down healing, but while going through w/d no sleep slows down 'sanity' and makes the symptoms seem even worse, so after weighing the two I went ahead and tried it anyway and haven't been sorry.

You can try it. Hopefully it will work for you as well.

People have been on these things for an even lesser amount of time and become dependent and are also having a very difficult time withdrawing, but it's totally doable.

You're strong and all you need to do is believe in yourself and you'll get there!  ~CeCe        :mybuddy: