Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What do you do when you get the cold or flu?

[Je...]

I feel like i have a cold or flu coming. I ache more than usual and my sinuses are congested.  I have worse head pressure than usual. No appetite. It is so hard to tell what is withdrawal and what isnt. I just dont want it to turn to bronchitus. What do you do? Tylenol doesnt help my pain. Is there anything I should do? I drink water. I am so scared of all medicine now. Thanks.

I'm just like you... terrified of meds and doctors.  I had a cold in month 4 and I just let it run its course. All my symptoms got worse but I didn't take anything. Now I'm just trying to prevent anything by eating healthy food and juicing. I hope I don't get sick either because no way will I ever take antibiotics or anything like that again!

I've had two colds after I jumped and it is hard to tell what is what.. My symptoms got much worse, especially the body aches - but like what was said, I just let it run its course.  Chicken soup, lots of OJ, and rest.  I'd also take NyQuil to help with sleep. 

nyquil has alcohol in it and it is not recommended to take anything with alcohol in it for a LONG time after coming off benzos. Alcohol acts in the same receptors as benzos and makes a lot of people worse

nyquil has alcohol in it and it is not recommended to take anything with alcohol in it for a LONG time after coming off benzos. Alcohol acts in the same receptors as benzos and makes a lot of people worse

They have the alchohal free stufff . I wouldn't mess with the other chemicals in NyQuil though at least for me. That stuff would make me loopy before benzos . I can only imagine how crazy my mind would become now. I am more sensitive though to things of that nature .