Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Just Discovered I am Tapering a Triazolobenzodiazepine

[ia...]

I am currently attempting to Taper long time Alprazolam use.

Am I really Tapering a Triazolobenzodiazepine ???????

This is the first I have heard of this term. Anyone have insight on the difference between it and a regular Benzodiazopine ?

For some reason I cannot get a clear answer with  my own research

Of course this is a concern for me since my jump from Librium is One Week Old, and I am much more anxious at this point.

Should I have cause for concern that the xanax isnt working as well a I had hoped ?

MUCH less effective than when I was on Librium also ( which makes sense)....but what is a Triazolobenzodiazepine ?

I'm guessing but by the name maybe a benzo with 3 different components. For example Ativan would have 5 different components. You've had a rough go. Wishing we'd all get better. B :smitten:

Hi B,

Thnaks for the reply. As a former long term xanax user your posts always interst me, regardless of the person you are trying to help.

Xanax is classified as a Triazolobenzodiazepine . First time I found that out was today.

Im stil hoping someone ca shed more light on it...because my usual relyable methods of internet research are not turning up much.

I am beginning to suspect than xanax is a "super-benzo" of some type

My googling didn't help either. But with Xanax to me it was the most potent yet gave me very few problems. When I broke both arms and was hospitalized for 6 weeks my idiot doctor decided to give me 8 mg Ativan and 2 mg klonopin and take away my Xanax. I was so out of it with morphine I didn't have a clue what he'd done until about 10 days into the switch. Frankly I didn't care but then I did. He wouldn't give me my Xanax back though. Idiot has me blasted on the Ativan and klonopin. The nurses were blown away by this but could do nothing. They said he was a very difficult, arrogant man so wouldn't even mention it. Actually for the six weeks he had me on 10 mg of Ativan but cut it back to 8 when I got out. Plus zoplicon and Percocet. My poor husband was told he had to be "in charge" of giving them to me. Until then I'd had a very happy life. All over 2 broken arms. I should have been out of hospital in less than 2 weeks but the physiotherapist rebroke my right arm to the point that it was almost through the skin. So I needed surgery fast but there were complications. Of course they said I caused it myself somehow. Don't know how because I couldn't move it. So, but for that....my life was forever altered. Unreal! But yes I think Xanax is the strongest yet I was ok on it and actually had started my own taper plan which had been going well. And life goes on...guess we need to deal with stuff as us hits us. Don't see any other choice. Fortunately now I have 2 new great doctors. Without them I'd not be in this world today. So don't ever give up. B

I'm not sure. Both Xanax and triazolam are triazolo ...

Tapering Xanax can be rough. It is a high potency benzodiazepine. I'm not sure if the specifics of triazolo ... are relevant.