Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

7 months benzo free today!

[f6...]

[f6...]

They say time flies, and oh boy, does that saying take a new meaning in benzodiazepine withdrawal.

At first I was hesitant of writing a benzo-free celebration post because recovery wise, I haven't achieved the goals I wanted (I think I'm at 30% on some good days). But the exciting news is that when I analyze my withdrawal symptoms closely, they really haven't gotten any worse since last July/August, and one minor symptom has disappeared all together. Lately, I started watching movies again, although it's tough because my depth perception is still way off. Also, I've managed to successfully calm myself down more and more, which -- at least to me -- is huge. I did not have much hope a few months ago, and I didn't have any even a few weeks ago, but for the last 7 or so days, I think I've managed to find a small spark inside that assures me that one day, this farce might all be over. 

It has been a tough year, the toughest of my life. While in withdrawal, I've been physically assaulted, witnessed a family member nearly dying, and experienced despair on a level I never thought possible, yet here I stand...  :thumbsup:

Congratulations! You have come a long way!!  I also experienced a lot my first year. My mother died on month 7. I got a diagnosis of malig melanoma stage 1 on month 6. It was more than tough, but here I stand as well. Keep up the goid work!!

Congratulations! You have come a long way!!  I also experienced a lot my first year. My mother died on month 7. I got a diagnosis of malig melanoma stage 1 on month 6. It was more than tough, but here I stand as well. Keep up the goid work!!

Props fergie, sending lots of love your way

Congrats Weishaupt!! I am two months behind you so glad to hear you are making progress and hanging in there!  Hope is the key in getting though this and I am happy that you are finally starting to have some hope! Hope for a happy future free of benzos is what keeps us going!