Important Survey - Please Participate ×

7 months benzo free today!

[ba...]

[ba...]

They say time flies, and oh boy, does that saying take a new meaning in benzodiazepine withdrawal.

At first I was hesitant of writing a benzo-free celebration post because recovery wise, I haven't achieved the goals I wanted (I think I'm at 30% on some good days). But the exciting news is that when I analyze my withdrawal symptoms closely, they really haven't gotten any worse since last July/August, and one minor symptom has disappeared all together. Lately, I started watching movies again, although it's tough because my depth perception is still way off. Also, I've managed to successfully calm myself down more and more, which -- at least to me -- is huge. I did not have much hope a few months ago, and I didn't have any even a few weeks ago, but for the last 7 or so days, I think I've managed to find a small spark inside that assures me that one day, this farce might all be over. 

It has been a tough year, the toughest of my life. While in withdrawal, I've been physically assaulted, witnessed a family member nearly dying, and experienced despair on a level I never thought possible, yet here I stand...  :thumbsup:

Congratulations! You have come a long way!!  I also experienced a lot my first year. My mother died on month 7. I got a diagnosis of malig melanoma stage 1 on month 6. It was more than tough, but here I stand as well. Keep up the goid work!!

Congratulations! You have come a long way!!  I also experienced a lot my first year. My mother died on month 7. I got a diagnosis of malig melanoma stage 1 on month 6. It was more than tough, but here I stand as well. Keep up the goid work!!

Props fergie, sending lots of love your way

Congrats Weishaupt!! I am two months behind you so glad to hear you are making progress and hanging in there!  Hope is the key in getting though this and I am happy that you are finally starting to have some hope! Hope for a happy future free of benzos is what keeps us going!